Author Topic: SECDEF wants you to know that supporting Donald Trump isn’t extremism  (Read 362 times)

rangerrebew

SECDEF wants you to know that supporting Donald Trump isn’t extremism
Meghann Myers

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin speaks at a Senate Armed Services budget hearing on Capitol Hill in Washington, Thursday, June 10, 2021. (Andrew Harnik/AP)

The Defense Department has been having a rough time communicating about its efforts to root out extremism. Despite numerous public statements, there are still some who see the entire endeavor as a thinly shrouded attempt to punish politically conservative troops.

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin reiterated that politics are not the issue on Wednesday, during testimony before the House Armed Services Committee, when Rep. Vicky Hartzler, R-Mo., asked him whether supporting former President Donald Trump would be considered “extreme.”

“I said earlier, this is not about politics,” Austin told Hartzler. “I want our troops to, to participate in our political system. I will also say that we will continue to be a diverse ― a diverse and inclusive organization. And that’s what the United States military is all about.”

Austin demurred earlier in the exchange, when she asked him whether the Pentagon had nailed down a definition of extremism.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2021/06/23/secdef-wants-you-to-know-that-supporting-donald-trump-isnt-extremism/

rangerrebew

I don't know why he's doing it, but like all good liberals, he's lying through his teeth.  He has called Trump supporters insurrectionists since he's been office.  He had a military stand down to weed out people who supported Trump; called them terrorists.  Now he says he wants them as part of diversity development and they're not extremists? :bs:
« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 09:57:32 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: