Author Topic: Thousands attend anti-lockdown protest with more planned this weekend  (Read 992 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Thousands attend anti-lockdown protest with more planned this weekend
Evening Standard/UK, Jun 26, 2021

Thousands of people descended on London’s Hyde Park on Saturday afternoon in the latest round of protests against Covid lockdown measures.

The crowds marched through Oxford Street before gathering at Hyde Park while holding banners, placards and flags.

Demonstrators also made their way to Downing Street, with crowds setting off flares and chanting loudly with people heard shouting "shame on you" and pointing towards Number 10, followed by prolonged booing.

Shirley Jones, a librarian from Crystal Palace, said: "I'd rather be doing something else with my weekend but I'm going to keep coming on these protests because I don't trust what the Government is doing.

"I don't believe in wearing masks and I don't believe in the vaccine, especially given my Caribbean heritage and the history of slavery.

More:  https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/protests-london-this-weekend-extinction-rebellion-b942693.html

Offline Hoodat

This needs to spread to Canada, ASAP.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
London In Revolt: Brits Take to the Streets by the Tens of Thousands to Protest Latest Lockdowns

On Saturday the citizens of London came out in full force to protest COVID lockdowns, in the face of a new variant that may be making its way across Europe.

UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson is under fire after delaying his nation’s full reopening. So-called ‘Freedom Day’ had been scheduled for June 21st, but Johnson retracted the date just days before, saying the Delta variant that has been ripping across other parts of the globe may become a threat — if the island nation were to let down its guard too soon.

Brits anxiously awaiting the ability to resume business were understandably upset, but received yet another slap in the face when a high-level official was caught in his very own “French Laundry” type scandal.

Health Secretary Matt Hancock has been a huge proponent of draconian lockdowns. The UK has been much more strict about lockdown enforcement than American officials are allowed to be in a constitutional republic. British citizens have not even been allowed to visit friends or family, with Hancock regularly delivering lectures about the irresponsibility of leaving home to socialize, as the country continues to battle COVID. But the final straw came for many when Hancock was caught visiting with and smooching his married mistress, in a clear violation of his own COVID restrictions.

more
https://redstate.com/kiradavis/2021/06/26/london-in-revolt-brits-take-to-the-streets-by-the-tens-of-thousands-to-protest-latest-lockdowns-n402971
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

But the final straw came for many when Hancock was caught visiting with and smooching his married mistress, in a clear violation of his own COVID restrictions.

Some animals are more equal than others.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline AARguy

We've been wide open here in Texas. We would never... COULD never be so submissive ... so blindly obedient. FREEDOM RINGS TOO LOUDLY HERE IN TEXAS!

Offline Hoodat

We've been wide open here in Texas.

And because of that, your death rate is lower than the UK.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-