Author Topic: Biden speaks with Sinema on path forward for infrastructure bill  (Read 298 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden speaks with Sinema on path forward for infrastructure bill
By Brett Samuels - 06/25/21 01:07 PM EDT

President Biden on Friday spoke with Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.) to reiterate his support for a two-track path for a bipartisan infrastructure deal she helped broker alongside a reconciliation bill with Democratic priorities, even as his support for that strategy has led to some criticism on Capitol Hill.

Biden "reiterated his strong support for the compromise agreement, and they discussed his plan to try to build support for the Agreement among both Democrats and Republicans," according to a White House readout. But the president made clear he would seek to move the bipartisan deal forward simultaneously with a budget resolution that is likely to only garner Democratic support.

"These are two critical priorities to the President that he wants to see advance through the legislative process as quickly as possible, pass as quickly as possible, and be presented to him for signing as quickly as possible," the White House said. "The President looks forward to signing both these bills."

Biden's outreach to Sinema reflects his efforts to cement the support of the key moderate Democrat, who was a leading senator in forming a bipartisan agreement on an infrastructure deal that would invest $1.2 trillion over eight years.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/560260-biden-speaks-with-sinema-on-path-forward-for-infrastructure-bill
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Re: Biden speaks with Sinema on path forward for infrastructure bill
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2021, 06:38:07 pm »
I've got a sneaky suspicion one bill will get signed and the other left out.  Democrats will laugh their azzes off.  Just suspicious i guess?  Could history repeat itself ?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2021, 01:05:47 am »
Biden speaks with Sinema on path forward for infrastructure bill
By Brett Samuels - 06/25/21 01:07 PM EDT

President Biden on Friday spoke with Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.) to reiterate his support for a two-track path for a bipartisan infrastructure deal she helped broker alongside a reconciliation bill with Democratic priorities, even as his support for that strategy has led to some criticism on Capitol Hill.

Biden "reiterated his strong support for the compromise agreement, and they discussed his plan to try to build support for the Agreement among both Democrats and Republicans," according to a White House readout. But the president made clear he would seek to move the bipartisan deal forward simultaneously with a budget resolution that is likely to only garner Democratic support.

"These are two critical priorities to the President that he wants to see advance through the legislative process as quickly as possible, pass as quickly as possible, and be presented to him for signing as quickly as possible," the White House said. "The President looks forward to signing both these bills."

Biden's outreach to Sinema reflects his efforts to cement the support of the key moderate Democrat, who was a leading senator in forming a bipartisan agreement on an infrastructure deal that would invest $1.2 trillion over eight years.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/560260-biden-speaks-with-sinema-on-path-forward-for-infrastructure-bill

I want to trust Sinema to stand firm on the filibuster...but I just don't.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2021, 01:18:33 am »
Whatta buncha carnival barkers.

I realize this “two track” bullsh*t is intended to flim flam the public & give the GOP cover, but it isn't even a very clever con.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 01:22:08 am by skeeter »