Author Topic: Breaking-Chauvin gets 22 1/2 years in prison for George Floyd’s death  (Read 1037 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Former Minneapolis police Officer Derek Chauvin has been sentenced to 22 1/2 years in prison for the murder of George Floyd, whose dying gasps under Chauvin’s knee led to the biggest outcry against racial injustice in the U.S. in generations.

The punishment handed out Friday fell short of the 30 years that prosecutors had requested.

With good behavior, Chauvin, 45, could be paroled after serving two-thirds of his sentence, or about 15 years.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE

https://apnews.com/article/derek-chauvin-sentencing-23c52021812168c579b3886f8139c73d
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Derek Chauvin Sentenced To 22 And A Half Years In Death Of George Floyd
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2021, 08:17:07 pm »
Derek Chauvin Sentenced To 22 And A Half Years In Death Of George Floyd

Jordan Lancaster and Michael Ginsberg
Contributor
June 25, 2021 3:55 PM ET

A Minnesota judge sentenced former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin to 22.5 years in the death of George Floyd Friday.

Nationwide protests and riots erupted after a video emerged showing Chauvin kneeling on Floyd’s neck for over nine minutes in May 2020. Chauvin was convicted in April 2021 of second-degree unintentional murder, third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter in Floyd’s death.

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1408492932424994817

“This was nine-and-a-half minutes of cruelty,” prosecutor Matthew Frank told the court. “This was not the typical second-degree murder.”

Frank requested a 30-year sentence for Chauvin.

“The law does not differentiate between second-degree murders,” defense attorney Eric Nelson responded during his statement. “Two-thirds of the people in this situation received a guidelines sentence.”

Minnesota’s sentencing guidelines recommend a 12.5-year sentence for second-degree murder, but Judge Peter Cahill found four aggravating factors in the case, meaning Chauvin could have been sentenced to more time, according to Axios. The maximum potential sentence was 40 years.

Multiple family members, including Floyd’s young daughter, offered impact statements. Floyd’s family requested the maximum sentence for Chauvin.

Chauvin did not offer a full statement at sentencing but did express his condolences to Floyd’s family.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2021/06/25/derek-chauvin-sentencing-george-floyd-murder/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Getting a dopehead and counterfeit bill pusher off the streets and he gets prison time instead of a medal.

What policeman would want to arrest criminals after this?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 11:13:27 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline skeeter

The lesson here is never arrest a guy who’s in the process of ODing.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CNN’s Van Jones: Chauvin Sentencing a ‘Punch in the Gut’ — ‘This Is Not Justice’
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/06/25/cnns-van-jones-chauvin-sentencing-a-punch-in-the-gut-this-is-not-justice/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hollywood Celebrities Erupt After Derek Chauvin Sentencing: ‘F**k You Derek.’ ‘22.5 Years Is Not Long Enough’
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2021/06/25/hollywood-celebrities-erupt-after-derek-chauvin-sentencing-fk-you-derek-22-5-years-is-not-long-enough/
Support the USO

Offline LMAO

What policeman would want to arrest criminals after this?

Increasingly, especially in inner cities, they're not
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

From the article....

“This was nine-and-a-half minutes of cruelty,” prosecutor Matthew Frank told the court. “This was not the typical second-degree murder.”

Yet he called the ambulance twice
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mountaineer

Such BS. It wasn't murder at all.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Ya' know, i used to support this guy, but we've never heard his side of the story. He didn't take the stand, he didn't give any interviews. He also showed no emotion at his trial or the verdict (not sure about the sentencing).

So I dunno, maybe there's more to this story than we see.

Offline skeeter

Ya' know, i used to support this guy, but we've never heard his side of the story. He didn't take the stand, he didn't give any interviews. He also showed no emotion at his trial or the verdict (not sure about the sentencing).

So I dunno, maybe there's more to this story than we see.
Floyd had several times the amount of fentanyl in his system required to kill a man. What else do you need to know.

Who cares what expression he wore during the trial.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 02:35:50 am by skeeter »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Between Obama, BLM, and George Floyd race relations in this country has been set back 50 years.

Not too long ago being called a racist was hurtful. Now that term has been so diluted and abused, it means nothing any more.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

J’Accuse! America’s Dreyfus Affair unfolds in Minneapolis
Posted by Curt on 28 June, 2021 at 11:24 am.
By Andrea Widburg

In 1894, Alfred Dreyfus, a Jewish officer in the French army, was convicted of treason – despite it being obvious that he was not guilty but was being railroaded. Four years later, once the facts were fully known, Émile Zola, the famed novelist, famously wrote an open letter under the headline “J’Accuse,” accusing the French military of a deliberate cover-up. I can’t help but see parallels to that in Derek Chauvin’s railroading in a Minneapolis courtroom. ...

In 1894, Dreyfus found himself accused of selling military secrets to the German military attaché. He was arrested in mid-October and, by mid-December, he’d been convicted and given a life sentence. Four months later, he was off to the heinous penal colony on Devil’s Island, in the waters off French Guiana, which had a mortality rate that reached 75%.

Dreyfus’s conviction and imprisonment might not even have made the local papers were it not for the fact that the entire case was driven by virulent anti-Semitism, which was the Critical Race Theory of its day. It was obvious to all involved in the case that the evidence introduced against him was always weak and often implausible. Even the meanest intelligence could see that he was being railroaded because he was Jewish. ...
Flopping Aces

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The lesson here is never arrest a guy who’s in the process of ODing.
Nope, just get back in the unit and move on. Let nature take its course.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis