Author Topic: Woke Mob Now Digging Up CONFEDERATE GRAVES!  (Read 1838 times)

rangerrebew

Woke Mob Now Digging Up CONFEDERATE GRAVES!
« on: June 23, 2021, 04:17:18 pm »

Woke Mob Now Digging Up CONFEDERATE GRAVES!
June 22, 2021 joe   

The remains of Confederate Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest are being moved from their gravesite in a popular Memphis park to a new Confederate museum, the latest in ongoing efforts to remove markers in the area honouring the figure.

Forrest and his wife Mary Ann Montgomery remains have been dug up as part of the lefts efforts to remove all markers and monuments to the historic cancelled. The bodies are now being held in an undisclosed location until they can be brought to their new resting place at the Sons of Confederate Veterans’ National Confederate Museum in Columbia, Tennessee.

The Hill previously reported:

The removal process for the remains of Forrest and his wife at Health Sciences Park began earlier this month as part of a court-approved agreement between Memphis Greenspace and the Sons of Confederate Veterans, according to local NBC affiliate WMC.

https://2020conservative.com/woke-mob-now-digging-up-confederate-graves/?utm_source=BS-M-5&utm_medium=email&utm_content=subscriber_id:8947964&utm_campaign=2020%206-22%203p

rangerrebew

Re: Woke Mob Now Digging Up CONFEDERATE GRAVES!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2021, 04:18:30 pm »
You just know when that confederate museum is finished and full of artifacts, it will be torched. :headbang:

Offline rustynail

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2021, 04:41:31 pm »
Let's do Ted Kennedy.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2021, 05:53:17 pm »
... a court-approved agreement ...

This is not a "mob"!

And contrary to the clickbait article headline, it's one gravesite.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2021, 06:56:13 pm »
This is not a "mob"!

Yeah the headline on this is a gross misrepresentation of the facts.

Forrest spent most of his adult life in and around Memphis; he and his wife rested there for many years, first in a public cemetery then since 1904 in a park first called "Forrest Park" underneath a large equestrian statue of him.  As attitudes changed the park was renamed "Health Sciences Park" and agitation grew for the statue to be removed.  However the state of TN regulates very heavily the removal of statues and monuments from public property, so even when the city of Memphis was fully in the control of anti-historical race baiting Ds, the statue stayed.

Then Memphis got the idea to secretly sell the park; if it were private property the new owners could dispose of the statue however they wanted.  They made a secret midnight deal with a local nonprofit, and the statue was then immediately removed.  The TN state legislature did not take this lightly, and took significant money away from Memphis that had already been budgeted for various state-supported activities.  They also amended state law to prevent the same sort of approach by anyone else in the future.

I believe the non-profit still owns the park, but once General and Mrs. Forrest have been reinterred at the Sons of Confederate Veterans museum in Columbia, TN, Memphis will buy it back.  The equestrian statue of Forrest will be moved to the same museum as well.

While I am firmly opposed to the removal of Confederate icons by mobs, I think this is overall a very good solution.  The citizens of Memphis, acting through their local elected representatives, certainly have the right to make this change, and the graves were in danger of being defiled by BLM protesters.  Forrest's descendants have all signed off on this deal and of course the SCV is happy to host General and Mrs Forrest for eternity.

James 1:20

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2021, 07:44:56 pm »
This is not a "mob"!

Maybe not.  But you really think they will stop with NBF? This kind of shit is going to give me a stroke.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2021, 07:47:21 pm »

While I am firmly opposed to the removal of Confederate icons by mobs, I think this is overall a very good solution.  The citizens of Memphis, acting through their local elected representatives, certainly have the right to make this change, and the graves were in danger of being defiled by BLM protesters.  Forrest's descendants have all signed off on this deal and of course the SCV is happy to host General and Mrs Forrest for eternity.

The SCV has been disgustingly silent during this whole woke debacle.  I'll just leave it at that.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline HoustonSam

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2021, 08:57:43 pm »
The SCV has been disgustingly silent during this whole woke debacle.  I'll just leave it at that.

Although I have the pedigree to join, I have not; no particular reason.  I don't keep up with their activities, but I wonder whether they can get much press these days given the ideological biases of both establishment media and most social media.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2021, 09:26:04 pm »
Although I have the pedigree to join, I have not; no particular reason.  I don't keep up with their activities, but I wonder whether they can get much press these days given the ideological biases of both establishment media and most social media.

Have serveral ancestors to join from, but in my case, I just don't have the time to participate. However, I did think that they at least would be putting up some form of fight to preserve heritage.  Like you said, their existence is not really a popular thing right now, and honestly, I think they are scared to even speak up right now. Hope our ancestors aren't watching.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2021, 09:31:47 pm »
Next thing you know they will start removing Teddy Roosevelt memorials. :whistle:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2021, 02:33:35 am »
Yeah the headline on this is a gross misrepresentation of the facts.

Forrest spent most of his adult life in and around Memphis; he and his wife rested there for many years, first in a public cemetery then since 1904 in a park first called "Forrest Park" underneath a large equestrian statue of him.  As attitudes changed the park was renamed "Health Sciences Park" and agitation grew for the statue to be removed.  However the state of TN regulates very heavily the removal of statues and monuments from public property, so even when the city of Memphis was fully in the control of anti-historical race baiting Ds, the statue stayed.

Then Memphis got the idea to secretly sell the park; if it were private property the new owners could dispose of the statue however they wanted.  They made a secret midnight deal with a local nonprofit, and the statue was then immediately removed.  The TN state legislature did not take this lightly, and took significant money away from Memphis that had already been budgeted for various state-supported activities.  They also amended state law to prevent the same sort of approach by anyone else in the future.

I believe the non-profit still owns the park, but once General and Mrs. Forrest have been reinterred at the Sons of Confederate Veterans museum in Columbia, TN, Memphis will buy it back.  The equestrian statue of Forrest will be moved to the same museum as well.

Nathan's Mother is buried not too far away from us.

Think they will also dig her up for birthing a confederate general?

« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 02:34:47 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline HoustonSam

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2021, 02:37:01 am »
Nathan's Mother is buried not too far away from us.

Think they will also dig her up for birthing a confederate general?

Wow, I didn't know she was around here.  I take it that's near Navasota?  Whereabouts?

Better post a guard.......

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2021, 02:44:32 am »
Wow, I didn't know she was around here.  I take it that's near Navasota?  Whereabouts?

Better post a guard.......
http://www.findagrave.com/memorial/16048189/miriam-luxton
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington