Author Topic: Ted Cruz defends Texas Rep. Chip Roy as Donald Trump attacks him  (Read 1128 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Houston Chronicle by Jeremy Wallace 6/23/2021

Donald Trump may be gunning for Congressman Chip Roy, but U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz is making it clear he’s going to fight to defend Roy, his former chief of staff.

A month after Trump publicly blasted Roy, an Austin Republican, for having “not done a great job” and predicting he would probably face a primary challenge, Cruz is coming out with a full-throttled endorsement of Roy and helping him raise money for his 2022 re-election campaign.

“I know personally that if there’s anyone we can trust in Washington, it’s Chip Roy,” Cruz said. “When he was on my team, he worked morning, noon, and night to advance our conservative agenda and protect American liberty. I know he will never stop. We have to support him now.”

Cruz remains friends with Roy, who is in his second term representing the 21st Congressional District which runs from Austin to San Antonio.

Roy became a target of Trump’s when he joined a small group of Republicans in Congress who voted against efforts to overturn the 2020 election. Later, Roy made a poignant speech on the House floor that called Trump’s actions before the Jan. 6 insurrection impeachable. Roy objected to Trump’s demands that Vice President Mike Pence refuse to throw out electoral votes in his loss to Democrat Joe Biden.

More: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politics/texas/article/Ted-Cruz-defends-Texas-Rep-Chip-Roy-as-Donald-16266541.php

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Ted Cruz defends Texas Rep. Chip Roy as Donald Trump attacks him
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 01:59:10 am »
Roy is not as rock solid as Ted and tends to be taking alternative positions at times.

The only reason I like him is he beat the Panties lady to keep his seat.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Ted Cruz defends Texas Rep. Chip Roy as Donald Trump attacks him
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2021, 04:52:16 am »
Crap like this is why I think Cruz is wishy-washy.

Like it or not,the TRUTH is that IF Trump isn't elected and sworn in the next election cycle,it will mean the end of America as our Constitution and the Bill of Rights will be nullified.

Putting loyalty to a friend ahead of loyalty to America proves he is not a suitable Presidential candidate.

America first,always. NO exceptions!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!