Author Topic: Joe Manchin Folds Like a Wash and Wear Suit..[like we all knew he would]  (Read 578 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Manchin Folds Like a Wash and Wear Suit
By Bonchie | Jun 22, 2021 4:15 PM ET

Last week, a phone call between Joe Manchin and billionaire activists from a supposedly centrist group called “No Labels” leaked. What was revealed was a senator with a spine made of overcooked spaghetti who was desperately trying to find a way to straddle the fence on the For the People Act, the Democrats’ gambit to federally take over elections and turn the country into a one-party state.

Manchin has already announced he would vote “no” on the bill, explaining that such a move would only cause further division. Yet, in a move repeated over and over in his career, he’s going back on his word, trying to tout an amendment watering down the bill a bit (which won’t pass Democrat muster, much less Republican) as some kind of magic compromise.

Now, under pressure from Chuck Schumer, Manchin has folded like a wash-and-wear suit.

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1407403411960700930

more
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/06/22/joe-manchin-folds-like-a-wash-and-wear-suit-n400796
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

WV, toss this perfidious tube steak out. Please.

Offline bilo

As long as he doesn't fold on the filibuster I don't care.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online cato potatoe

As long as he doesn't fold on the filibuster I don't care.

He and Sinema will come under extreme pressure between now and 2023.  Supposedly, other senators are opposed to changing the rules.  I have to think they will be "taken care of" ... just recall the Obamacare mass political suicide.