Author Topic: Soccer superstar Cristiano Ronaldo snubbed Coca-Cola. Then their market value sank $4 billion.  (Read 402 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

CBS NEWS
BY ALEXANDRA LARKIN
JUNE 17, 2021 / 7:09 AM

During a Euro 2020 press conference on Monday, soccer superstar Cristiano Ronaldo irritably moved two bottles of Coca-Cola, one of the official sponsors of the event, and then picked up a bottle of water.

"Água!" he exclaimed in Portuguese, setting the bottle down in the center of his desk.

By the end of the press conference for the European Championship, Coca-Cola's shares had dropped 1.6%, to $55.22 from $56.17. That lopped $4 billion off the beverage behemoth's market value, with the shares sinking another 0.6% on Tuesday to $55.08.

(more)
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cristiano-ronaldo-coca-cola-market-value-loss/

------------------------------------------------
Millions of investors shorted Coca-Cola over their No White People Allowed policy.
This, while not directly related to that, is certainly a welcome development.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I sold my Coke stock a couple of months ago after they condemned Georgia voter integrity and came out solidly to make its company as racist as it could be instead of as competent as it could be.

Coca-Cola Says It Will Only Hire Law Firms That Meet Quota For Black Attorneys
Coke said it will only hire law firms that commit to providing 15 percent of billed time from black attorneys.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/coca-cola-says-it-will-only-hire-law-firms-that-meet-quota-for-black-attorneys

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Just as so many Hollywood actors have crashed their careers over political activism, Coca-Cola is doing the same thing.
You would think their primary mission would be to sell soda pop. And up until recently it was.
Now they seem to have abandoned the hawking soda part of their business in favor of racist (very anti-White) political activism.
It's a private corporation so they can do whatever they want to do. But it does have a lot of people confused.
Just as so many 'entertainers' get to a point in their careers when they feel they have somehow 'outgrown' entertainment and move into political activism, it looks like KO caught the same egocentric disease. They think they have become 'bigger' than soda pop, and now want to start preaching politics and social engineering instead. The ego of these people is obviously damaging their brand.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline skeeter

*&% these mega companies. May they all rot.

Even if my 401k suffers it'll be worth it.