Author Topic: Dem Sen. Blumenthal: Filibuster, Which Dems Have Used ‘a Number of Times,’ Is ‘Abhorrent’  (Read 268 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dem Sen. Blumenthal: Filibuster, Which Dems Have Used ‘a Number of Times,’ Is ‘Abhorrent’

Ian Hanchett 22 Jun 2021

On Tuesday’s broadcast of CNN’s “The Lead,” Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) stated that the filibuster is an “arcane and abhorrent rule that the founders would have absolutely rejected.” And admitted that Democrats have used it numerous times.

After Blumenthal said he thinks the filibuster should be abolished, host Jake Tapper asked, “Senator, haven’t you voted in favor of filibustering Republican legislation, not allowing them to even proceed to a discussion, an amendment process and debate on a bill?”

Blumenthal responded, “We have used the 60-vote threshold a number of times, for example –.”

Tapper then cut in to state, “But you’re talking about it being corrupt, but you’ve used it, too.”

Blumenthal answered, “The dark money is corrupt. The current finance system and its corruption is what we want to end. The filibuster’s a rule that stymies majority vote. And I actually voted, I think it was my third or fourth vote in the Senate, ten years ago when I first came here, to abolish the filibuster. I was one of only 12. And in the ten years since I’ve seen my colleagues one by one decide that Republicans’ overuse, abuse, and misuse of the filibuster rule, that 60-vote threshold, has led them to conclude enough is enough, and that’s why there are just a handful of Democrats left who are in favor of preserving this arcane and abhorrent rule that the founders would have absolutely rejected.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/06/22/dem-sen-blumenthal-filibuster-which-dems-have-used-a-number-of-times-is-abhorrent/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Democrats have demonstrated numerous times that filibusters are only legitimate for democrats to limit those that oppose their rule. Democrats are the only ones privileged to use the filibuster rule, to rule government like a one party government.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 06:39:22 pm by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions