General Category > National/Breaking News

Seattle LGBT Forces White People Pay $50 Reparations Fee, to Keep Event Free for Trans People of Col

(1/3) > >>

mystery-ak:
Seattle LGBT Forces White People Pay $50 Reparations Fee, to Keep Event Free for Trans People of Color

Wendell Husebø 22 Jun 2021

A Seattle LGBT celebration will charge individuals with white skin a $50 reparations fee to keep the event free for transgender people of color.

“All are free to attend HOWEVER this is a BLACK AND BROWN QUEER TRANS CENTERED, PRIORITIZED, VALUED, EVENT,” the event’s literature reads. “White allies and accomplices are welcome to attend but will be charged a $10 to $50 reparations fee that will be used to keep this event free of cost for BLACK AND BROWN Trans and Queer COMMUNITY.”

The event, sponsored by the Trans Women of Color Solidarity Network, was condemned by LGBT pride organizers Philip Lipson and Charlette LeFevre of Capitol Hill Pride, who complained to the City of Seattle Human Rights Commission.

The Seattle Human Rights Commission denied Capitol Hill Pride’s complaint, arguing Lipson and LeFevre should “educate” themselves on the “harm it may cause” to pursue “a free ticket” to the event.

“We would like to recommend, if possible, that you educate yourself on the harm it may cause Seattle’s BIPOC community in your pursuit of a free ticket to an event that is not expressly meant for you and your entertainment,” the commission wrote.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/social-justice/2021/06/22/seattle-lgbt-force-white-people-pay-50-reparations-fee-keep-event-free-trans-people-color/

HoustonSam:
Of course we wonder whether a (hypothetical) celebration of white culture in Seattle would be allowed to charge admission fees to non-white people while admitting white people for free.

But the real point here is that a grievance hierarchy will inevitably fail as a mechanism for ordering society; "intersectionality" only allows people into the "intersection" when they can check *all* the boxes, not just some.  Even when people want to enroll themselves in it they are excluded.

BassWrangler:

--- Quote from: HoustonSam on June 22, 2021, 05:04:26 pm ---Of course we wonder whether a (hypothetical) celebration of white culture in Seattle would be allowed to charge admission fees to non-white people while admitting white people for free.

But the real point here is that a grievance hierarchy will inevitably fail as a mechanism for ordering society; "intersectionality" only allows people into the "intersection" when they can check *all* the boxes, not just some.  Even when people want to enroll themselves in it they are excluded.

--- End quote ---

@HoustonSam
I do not understand this term, "intersectionality". I see it used all the time. Can you help me understand what this means?

HoustonSam:

--- Quote from: BassWrangler on June 22, 2021, 05:16:55 pm ---@HoustonSam
I do not understand this term, "intersectionality". I see it used all the time. Can you help me understand what this means?

--- End quote ---

@BassWrangler

Well I'm certainly no expert, but basically it means that a person might belong to more than one "victim" group.  In other words a person might be in the "intersection" of the set of homosexuals with the set of black people, or in the "intersection" of the set of women with the set of immigrants and the set of "people of color".

The more victim identities one can claim, the higher they rank.  But the very fact that this creates a hierarchy defeats the original equalitarian premise of the ideology that started all this nonsense.  As Jordan Peterson has pointed out, hierarchy is so innate to organisms that even lobsters practice it; "intersectionality" just replaces one logic for hierarchy (merit) with another (identification with categories of victimhood).  The posted article simply points out that some people checked fewer victim boxes than others, so ranked lower in the hierarchy and were told they'd have to pay to participate as a result.

BassWrangler:

--- Quote from: HoustonSam on June 22, 2021, 05:31:30 pm ---@BassWrangler

Well I'm certainly no expert, but basically it means that a person might belong to more than one "victim" group.  In other words a person might be in the "intersection" of the set of homosexuals with the set of black people, or in the "intersection" of the set of women with the set of immigrants and the set of "people of color".

The more victim identities one can claim, the higher they rank.  But the very fact that this creates a hierarchy defeats the original equalitarian premise of the ideology that started all this nonsense.  As Jordan Peterson has pointed out, hierarchy is so innate to organisms that even lobsters practice it; "intersectionality" just replaces one logic for hierarchy (merit) with another (identification with categories of victimhood).  The posted article simply points out that some people checked fewer victim boxes than others, so ranked lower in the hierarchy and were told they'd have to pay to participate as a result.

--- End quote ---

@HoustonSam
OK,thanks. This is quite helpful.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version