Author Topic: Seattle LGBT Forces White People Pay $50 Reparations Fee, to Keep Event Free for Trans People of Col  (Read 1120 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Seattle LGBT Forces White People Pay $50 Reparations Fee, to Keep Event Free for Trans People of Color

Wendell Husebø 22 Jun 2021

A Seattle LGBT celebration will charge individuals with white skin a $50 reparations fee to keep the event free for transgender people of color.

“All are free to attend HOWEVER this is a BLACK AND BROWN QUEER TRANS CENTERED, PRIORITIZED, VALUED, EVENT,” the event’s literature reads. “White allies and accomplices are welcome to attend but will be charged a $10 to $50 reparations fee that will be used to keep this event free of cost for BLACK AND BROWN Trans and Queer COMMUNITY.”

The event, sponsored by the Trans Women of Color Solidarity Network, was condemned by LGBT pride organizers Philip Lipson and Charlette LeFevre of Capitol Hill Pride, who complained to the City of Seattle Human Rights Commission.

The Seattle Human Rights Commission denied Capitol Hill Pride’s complaint, arguing Lipson and LeFevre should “educate” themselves on the “harm it may cause” to pursue “a free ticket” to the event.

“We would like to recommend, if possible, that you educate yourself on the harm it may cause Seattle’s BIPOC community in your pursuit of a free ticket to an event that is not expressly meant for you and your entertainment,” the commission wrote.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/social-justice/2021/06/22/seattle-lgbt-force-white-people-pay-50-reparations-fee-keep-event-free-trans-people-color/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
Of course we wonder whether a (hypothetical) celebration of white culture in Seattle would be allowed to charge admission fees to non-white people while admitting white people for free.

But the real point here is that a grievance hierarchy will inevitably fail as a mechanism for ordering society; "intersectionality" only allows people into the "intersection" when they can check *all* the boxes, not just some.  Even when people want to enroll themselves in it they are excluded.
James 1:20

BassWrangler

Of course we wonder whether a (hypothetical) celebration of white culture in Seattle would be allowed to charge admission fees to non-white people while admitting white people for free.

But the real point here is that a grievance hierarchy will inevitably fail as a mechanism for ordering society; "intersectionality" only allows people into the "intersection" when they can check *all* the boxes, not just some.  Even when people want to enroll themselves in it they are excluded.

@HoustonSam
I do not understand this term, "intersectionality". I see it used all the time. Can you help me understand what this means?

Offline HoustonSam

@HoustonSam
I do not understand this term, "intersectionality". I see it used all the time. Can you help me understand what this means?

@BassWrangler

Well I'm certainly no expert, but basically it means that a person might belong to more than one "victim" group.  In other words a person might be in the "intersection" of the set of homosexuals with the set of black people, or in the "intersection" of the set of women with the set of immigrants and the set of "people of color".

The more victim identities one can claim, the higher they rank.  But the very fact that this creates a hierarchy defeats the original equalitarian premise of the ideology that started all this nonsense.  As Jordan Peterson has pointed out, hierarchy is so innate to organisms that even lobsters practice it; "intersectionality" just replaces one logic for hierarchy (merit) with another (identification with categories of victimhood).  The posted article simply points out that some people checked fewer victim boxes than others, so ranked lower in the hierarchy and were told they'd have to pay to participate as a result.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 05:49:19 pm by HoustonSam »

BassWrangler

@BassWrangler

Well I'm certainly no expert, but basically it means that a person might belong to more than one "victim" group.  In other words a person might be in the "intersection" of the set of homosexuals with the set of black people, or in the "intersection" of the set of women with the set of immigrants and the set of "people of color".

The more victim identities one can claim, the higher they rank.  But the very fact that this creates a hierarchy defeats the original equalitarian premise of the ideology that started all this nonsense.  As Jordan Peterson has pointed out, hierarchy is so innate to organisms that even lobsters practice it; "intersectionality" just replaces one logic for hierarchy (merit) with another (identification with categories of victimhood).  The posted article simply points out that some people checked fewer victim boxes than others, so ranked lower in the hierarchy and were told they'd have to pay to participate as a result.

@HoustonSam
OK,thanks. This is quite helpful.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
But the real point here is that any hierarchy will inevitably fail as a mechanism for ordering society

In Nazi Germany there was a very obvious societal hierarchy. But it did not work because the standards kept changing. First it had to do with race. White was considered to be at the top. Then it was White with blond hair. Then it was White with blond hair and blue eyes. Then it was White with blond hair and blue eyes of a certain height. Then it was the most blond and the most blue eyes. Then it was the taller the better, and on and on and on. There is always something considered 'better'.

The American Left is attempting to order American society into very distinct castes or ranks, with White people at the very bottom below every other race. Then there is one's status as one of the alphabet people which will raise or lower your caste or rank in society.

But the point is, as with Germany, it never ends.
So what if you are Black. I am Black and Gay. So I outrank you in society on the victim scale.
So what if you are Black and Gay. I am Black and Gay and Trans. So I outrank you.
So what if you are Black and Gay and Trans. I am Black and Gay and Trans and Native American. So I outrank you. And so on.

Once the Left openly rejects universal 'equality' (which they have done very explicitly), then everyone is fighting for the top spot on the ladder. There is always one more thing they can claim, to put them in the 'better than you' category even among themselves as we see here in this article.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
240b wrote:
"The American Left is attempting to order American society into very distinct castes or ranks, with White people at the very bottom below every other race. Then there is one's status as one of the alphabet people which will raise or lower your caste or rank in society."

Think of these "castes" or "ranks" to be the equivalent of "class" per the early communists.

In the early years of the Soviet Union, entire classes of people were marked for elimination. Made little difference whether one may have supported the reds or not -- their class condemned them to their fate.

So it's going to go here, when the communists gain enough power.

Offline HoustonSam

But the real point here is that any hierarchy will inevitably fail as a mechanism for ordering society

I think that's a tough case to make.

Although we reject the identitarian "intersectional" hierarchy of the woke leftists and the pure racial hierarchy of their Third Reich antecedents, that doesn't mean society can be ordered without any hierarchy.  I would argue that hierarchy is a conservative principle, in that it directly implies that some things are better than others; some achievements command greater prestige than others, and are rewarded accordingly.  The left's "equity" shibboleth opposes this reality, but in fact Brain Surgeons and Sanitation Workers are simply never going to live side-by-side, and that doesn't mean that either is "better" than the other.

The currency of hierarchy in the United States has traditionally been currency, and the key to making the hierarchy work has been social mobility.  Someone might be in the lowest quartile of earnings one year, and in the top ten percent a few years later.  The identarian and racial hierarchies prevent this sort of mobility, consigning people permanently to some condition determined by accident of birth. Supposedly we threw that off in the United States when we renounced titles and ranks of nobility; the woke leftists' attempt at regressing to a hierarchy determined by birth strikes me as the most fundamentally anti-American thing I've actually seen in my own lifetime.

Jordan Peterson argues that the fundamental role of The Right is to preserve hierarchy, and that of The Left is to represent those at the bottom of it.  Personally I try to reflect on the limitations of a hierarchy of economic achievement and reward while recognizing that it's probably the least harmful sort of hierarchy we can maintain, and that we will have a hierarchy whether or not we like it or even realize it.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Although we reject the identitarian "intersectional" hierarchy of the woke leftists and the pure racial hierarchy of their Third Reich antecedents, that doesn't mean society can be ordered without any hierarchy.  I would argue that hierarchy is a conservative principle, in that it directly implies that some things are better than others; some achievements command greater prestige than others, and are rewarded accordingly. 
Hierarchy and Meritocracy are not the same thing. It is not hierarchy which is a Conservative principle. Meritocracy is a Conservative principle and defines Conservatives of any race, religion, or background, into groups based on objective achievement.

Of course Doctors and minimum wage workers are different. However according to Conservative principles, any minimum wage worker can become a Doctor based on effort and merit. The Left is attempting and succeeding to erase "merit" as a factor of success. The Left is attempting to brand certain people as 'nobles' and others as 'serfs' based on nothing more than race, and or victim status on their own Leftist hierarchical scale.

The Left has no concept of "equality", which was their banner for decades. The Left no longer pretends to champion equal opportunities or even equal outcomes for all people. They have moved past all of that. The Left now wants their selected people to have some kind of 'superior' status in society beyond that of everyone else, regardless of effort, merit, or their benefit to the general population. This is certainly not a Conservative principle.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline HoustonSam

Hierarchy and Meritocracy are not the same thing. It is not hierarchy which is a Conservative principle. Meritocracy is a Conservative principle and defines Conservatives of any race, religion, or background, into groups based on objective achievement.

Of course Doctors and minimum wage workers are different. However according to Conservative principles, any minimum wage worker can become a Doctor based on effort and merit. The Left is attempting and succeeding to erase "merit" as a factor of success. The Left is attempting to brand certain people as 'nobles' and others as 'serfs' based on nothing more than race, and or victim status on their own Leftist hierarchical scale.

The Left has no concept of "equality", which was their banner for decades. The Left no longer pretends to champion equal opportunities or even equal outcomes for all people. They have moved past all of that. The Left now wants their selected people to have some kind of 'superior' status in society beyond that of everyone else, regardless of effort, merit, or their benefit to the general population. This is certainly not a Conservative principle.

I think we're agreeing on everything except a definition or two.  It seems to me that meritocracy is the kind of hierarchy we both believe in.  I wish I had thought of using that word in what I wrote.

However we settle on specific words, we both identify a Conservative principle as recognizing people for effort and achievement, while the woke leftists want to recognize people for race and victimhood.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
240b wrote (and I presume agrees with):
"Of course Doctors and minimum wage workers are different. However according to Conservative principles, any minimum wage worker can become a Doctor based on effort and merit."

No.
This is not correct.
It never has been correct, regardless of location -- here in America is no different from anywhere else.

There are very very few (if any) "minimum wage workers" who can become doctors.
The reason they cannot has nothing to do with their "wages", and MUCH to do with fundamental innate intelligence.

Someone without a requisite amount of IQ simply doesn't possess the mental horsepower with which to study and apply ones self to the tasks of pursuing and obtaining a medical degree. And that's probably why they're being paid the wages they earn.

There may be a number of minimum wage workers out there with IQ's of 120-130 or so. But not very many. I challenge you to find even one.

It is THE LEFT that would claim my statement to not be true, and this is exactly why they strive to eliminate any and all tests that segregate out those without such innate abilities. This is why 1+1 no longer equals 2 in their world.

The essence of conservatism, in my estimation, is "to see things as they are". But conservatives have their blind spots, too.

Effort and merit are sometimes "not enough".
As Mr. Sinatra croons, "that's life"...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 11:54:52 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline goatprairie

What it comes down, as in many cases involving leftists, is takers trying to rob producers. Losers attempting to reorder normalcy/society (and civilization for that matter) in an effort to make the less qualified artificially dominate the more qualified.
And in the last fifty years they've been extremely successful in their efforts.

Online roamer_1

That is a relatively shallow description of Conservative merit.
There are actually several hierarchies branching merit - Not exclusively in fiscal terms. A man can be a pauper and still be revered by Conservatives because he achieved a Medal of Honor. A man can be of modest means and still be respected because he is one hella good mechanic. The point being that merit is a matter of honor and achievement more than a matter of fiscal success.

I am not being critical mind you - But there should be caution applied where Conservative merit is assumed to be narrowly defined.

And therein lies the caution. It has never been about opportunity at all, because opportunity is not the driver - even fiscally - the driver there is the ability to assume risk. Risk is rewarded in financial terms. Opportunity really has nothing to do with it. A player will make the opportunity happen, even as a device of his own making... And in that, done correctly, merit is found.

Offline PeteS in CA

Geez, I'd stay away from the event for free! No need to give me a $50 incentive to avoid it.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.