General Category > Second Amendment

Ninth Circuit Blocks District Court Ruling Against CA ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban

(1/2) > >>

mystery-ak:
Ninth Circuit Blocks District Court Ruling Against CA ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban

AWR Hawkins 22 Jun 2021

On Monday the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit temporarily blocked a district court ruling that would have prohibited the enforcement of California’s “assault weapons” ban.

On June 4, 2021, Breitbart News reported that Judge Roger T. Benitez ruled against the ban.

In so doing, Benitez noted:

--- Quote ---The Second Amendment elevates above all other interests the right of law-abiding, responsible citizens to use arms in defense of hearth and home.’ Heller, 554 U.S., at 635. The Supreme Court clearly holds that the Second Amendment protects guns commonly owned by law-abiding citizens for lawful purposes.
--- End quote ---

He added:

--- Quote ---And although the Supreme Court cautioned that the Second Amendment does not guarantee a right to keep and carry “any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose,” Heller, 554 U.S., at 626, lower courts have often cited this proviso about extreme cases to justify gun laws in average contexts. There is no evidence that the Supreme Court intended that language to be a license to avoid its common sense holding in average contexts.
--- End quote ---

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/06/22/ninth-circuit-blocks-district-court-ruling-assault-weapons-ban/

GtHawk:
No surprise here, we all knew the ninth circus would block the ruling.

skeeter:

--- Quote from: GtHawk on June 22, 2021, 04:38:34 pm ---No surprise here, we all knew the ninth circus would block the ruling.

--- End quote ---
Blocked pending appeal. I hope it is tossed out and goes to SCOTUS. It’s likely even the Roberts court will settle this matter our way for good.

GtHawk:

--- Quote from: skeeter on June 22, 2021, 04:44:02 pm ---Blocked pending appeal. I hope it is tossed out and goes to SCOTUS. It’s likely even the Roberts court will settle this matter our way for good.

--- End quote ---
Well I believe the Ninth Circus still holds the record for more reversals of their ruling along with a heaping helping of scorn.

Wingnut:

--- Quote from: GtHawk on June 22, 2021, 07:26:04 pm ---Well I believe the Ninth Circus still holds the record for more reversals of their ruling along with a heaping helping of scorn.

--- End quote ---

Yep  That huge sucking sound you hear is the courts number of reversals.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version