Author Topic: Ninth Circuit Blocks District Court Ruling Against CA ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban  (Read 664 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ninth Circuit Blocks District Court Ruling Against CA ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban

AWR Hawkins 22 Jun 2021

On Monday the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit temporarily blocked a district court ruling that would have prohibited the enforcement of California’s “assault weapons” ban.

On June 4, 2021, Breitbart News reported that Judge Roger T. Benitez ruled against the ban.

In so doing, Benitez noted:

The Second Amendment elevates above all other interests the right of law-abiding, responsible citizens to use arms in defense of hearth and home.’ Heller, 554 U.S., at 635. The Supreme Court clearly holds that the Second Amendment protects guns commonly owned by law-abiding citizens for lawful purposes.

He added:

And although the Supreme Court cautioned that the Second Amendment does not guarantee a right to keep and carry “any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose,” Heller, 554 U.S., at 626, lower courts have often cited this proviso about extreme cases to justify gun laws in average contexts. There is no evidence that the Supreme Court intended that language to be a license to avoid its common sense holding in average contexts.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/06/22/ninth-circuit-blocks-district-court-ruling-assault-weapons-ban/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
No surprise here, we all knew the ninth circus would block the ruling.

Offline skeeter

No surprise here, we all knew the ninth circus would block the ruling.
Blocked pending appeal. I hope it is tossed out and goes to SCOTUS. It’s likely even the Roberts court will settle this matter our way for good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Blocked pending appeal. I hope it is tossed out and goes to SCOTUS. It’s likely even the Roberts court will settle this matter our way for good.
Well I believe the Ninth Circus still holds the record for more reversals of their ruling along with a heaping helping of scorn.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Well I believe the Ninth Circus still holds the record for more reversals of their ruling along with a heaping helping of scorn.

Yep  That huge sucking sound you hear is the courts number of reversals.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The 9th will keep this appeal on ice as long as it can.

The 3-judge panel will almost certainly rule against the trial court decision.

Then... on to an en banc hearing... more time passes.

It might be two, three, even four years before this gets before the U.S. Supreme Court...