Author Topic: Senate Republicans Likely to Kill Federal Election Takeover Legislation  (Read 528 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate Republicans Likely to Kill Federal Election Takeover Legislation

Wendell Husebø 22 Jun 2021

Senate Republicans are likely to stand firm on Tuesday and kill the federal election takeover legislation through which Democrats seek to cancel state voter ID laws and publicly fund political campaigns.

The bill, dubbed the “For The People Act” or S.1, will encounter a Senate procedural vote to begin debate on the legislation.

But Republicans, labeling the legislation as a purely a “partisan power grab” by the Democrats “to rig the rules of American elections permanently” in their favor, seem poised to block any discussion of the measure through the filibuster.

In order to advance the measure, Democrats would need ten Republicans to vote with them.

https://twitter.com/ChadPergram/status/1407289532978974722

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/06/22/senate-republicans-likely-stand-firm-and-kill-federal-election-takeover-legislation/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I hope this bill goes down faster than Heel-up Harris on date night with Willie Brown.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online roamer_1

I hope this bill goes down faster than Heel-up Harris on date night with Willie Brown.

As it should - It is unconstitutional. The fed don't get to tell the states what to do.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
The key to the Democommies seizing complete control is the end of the filibuster.  They get that, and this nation is over unless we have a 2nd revolution.  I pray the Dems fall flat on their face.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Finishing the statement:
“If we deliver [S.1], we maintain power in 2022, to win elections by fraud and rule like a one party government. If we don’t legitimize election thievery...we risk losing power and face real consequences for election theft, by the angry voters.”
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions