Author Topic: New Study Ranks the Most (and Least) Patriotic States -- What’s Yours?  (Read 1643 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
New Study Ranks the Most (and Least) Patriotic States -- What’s Yours?
By Andrew Malcolm | Jun 22, 2021 8:00 AM ET

excerpt:

OK, you’ve waited long enough. Overall, WalletHub found the most patriotic state of all 50 has a Big Sky. It’s Montana, 43d-ranked in population but fourth in area (a little larger than three New Yorks).

Others in descending order of the Top 20 were:

Alaska, Maryland, Vermont, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Wyoming, Minnesota, Oregon, Virginia, Utah, Idaho, Wisconsin, Washington, Arizona, Iowa, Kentucky, Missouri, South Carolina, and Colorado

In terms of WalletHub’s patriotism rankings, No. 21 through No. 40 were: Delaware, Maine, Hawaii, Ohio, North Carolina, Nevada, Nebraska, New Mexico, Georgia, Tennessee, Kansas, Oklahoma, Indiana, Alabama, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Louisiana, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and Mississippi.

The bottom 10, the least patriotic states, also contained some surprises to my eyes. They were: Texas at No. 41, West Virginia, Arkansas, New Jersey, Illinois, California, Michigan, Connecticut, Florida, and, of course, at the bottom, New York.

more
https://redstate.com/andrewmalcolm/2021/06/22/new-study-ranks-the-most-and-least-patriotic-states-whats-yours-n400628
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline thackney

When you change the definition of patriotisms to push an agenda, results may vary

Civic Engagement – Total Points: 75
Share of Adults Who Voted in 2020 Presidential Election: Double Weight (~16.67 Points)
Share of Adults Who Voted in 2020 Primary Elections: Full Weight (~8.33 Points)
Volunteer Rate: Half Weight (~4.17 Points)
Volunteer Hours per Resident: Half Weight (~4.17 Points)
AmeriCorps Volunteers per Capita: Half Weight (~4.17 Points)
Peace Corps Volunteers per Capita: Half Weight (~4.17 Points)
Trial- & Grand-Jury Participation per Civilian Adult Population: Double Weight (~16.67 Points)
Share of Residents Who Participate in Groups or Organizations (Civic Life): Full Weight (~8.33 Points)
Civics Education Requirement: Full Weight (~8.33 Points)

https://wallethub.com/edu/most-patriotic-states/13680
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline skeeter

When you change the definition of patriotisms to push an agenda, results may vary

Share of Adults Who Voted in 2020 Presidential Election: Double Weight (~16.67 Points)
Trial- & Grand-Jury Participation per Civilian Adult Population: Double Weight (~16.67 Points)
Share of Residents Who Participate in Groups or Organizations (Civic Life): Full Weight (~8.33 Points)

Peace Corps participation as a measure of patriotism?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
There's no way that Texas is at the bottom of the list in terms of patriotism.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline thackney

Exactly.  People without spare time working to provide for their family are less patriotic than trust-fund folks building a political resume.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online mountaineer

More West Virginians have served in the military, per capita, than nearly any other state (I believe we're ranked 7th). Hardly one of the least patriotic.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

Exactly.  People without spare time working to provide for their family are less patriotic than trust-fund folks building a political resume.
It has been my experience that one joining the Peace Corps is nearly a reverse indicator of patriotism.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
It has been my experience that one joining the Peace Corps is nearly a reverse indicator of patriotism.

and 7 years of college down the drain.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline roamer_1

Screw you guys. I'll take the win.  :patriot: :seeya: :tongue2:

Offline PeteS in CA

Yeah, that and AmeriCorps are irrelevancies that skew the rankings liberal.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline PeteS in CA

Nor Oregon and Washington near the top. There are good people in those states, but Seattle, Portland, and Eugene.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

There is if the definition of patriotism is to defend the state of Texas rather than simply defending DC.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Yeah, that and AmeriCorps are irrelevancies that skew the rankings liberal.
Maybe Midnight basketball in your state is the patriotism definition?

To me, it should mean the more gun ownership in the state, the greater the patriotism.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Wallethub, who are they funded by, George Soros?  All studies and polls at this point in this country with so many running about that are anarchists should be taken to be phony.  Everything said today has but one intent, to influence every decision you make, and truth seldom enters into the equation.

Our media is totally corrupt.  Even the memes on Pookie reflect that.  Now that is more about truth!!!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
This is the same WalletHub survey that says New Jersey is the best state in the country to live in...AND as I read more...says taht Lexingtoin KY is the #5 best run city in the country and... @Polly Ticks you'll love this...Louisville is ranked #20.

Clearly the people that run this organization are heavily into smoking crack.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Polly Ticks

This is the same WalletHub survey that says New Jersey is the best state in the country to live in...AND as I read more...says taht Lexingtoin KY is the #5 best run city in the country and... @Polly Ticks you'll love this...Louisville is ranked #20.

Clearly the people that run this organization are heavily into smoking crack.

:thud:

Good Lord.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan

The bottom 10, the least patriotic states, also contained some surprises to my eyes. They were: Texas at No. 41, West Virginia, Arkansas, New Jersey, Illinois, California, Michigan, Connecticut, Florida, and, of course, at the bottom, New York.

Texas IS the most patriotic ... to Texas. ... Much like New Yorkers are to New York.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 10:35:37 pm by Texas Yellow Rose »

Offline goatprairie

I have a very jaundiced view of how many of these types of lists are decided. I saw one list where the U.S. had a horrible health care system well behind many second rate countries.
Why? Because the lists were determined by leftists who decided what was important  to having a good health care system. The individual choices of the people in those countries was given short shrift.
Who makes up these lists is the question I have.

BassWrangler

Was surprised to see Washington at #14. If we could just jettison King County, it'd be a paradise.

Offline AARguy

Texas at 41? Rioting and looting must be indicators of patriotism these days. That WOULD make us 41.

Offline roamer_1

Was surprised to see Washington at #14. If we could just jettison King County, it'd be a paradise.

Ain't that a fact.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

Thanks thackney, You just boiled the BS out of the pot so we could see what the stink was all about. No disrespect to Montana folks, who probable deserve a top placement. 
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Share of adults who voted....so 120% helps the patriot score, right?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!

That is true.  By one definition, the four most patriotic states are, in order
Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio, Indiana.

By what criteria was that established?
Those were the four states whose people owned the highest share of American cars versus foreign cars.
(They were all clustered around 10%.)

By the same yardstick, the least patriotic state was California,
where 50% of the cars people owned were foreign.

Admittedly, that data is from many years ago,
but I suspect that the trend is probably still similar.
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao