Author Topic: ‘Where Are The Admirals? Where Are The Generals? Where Are the Veterans?’  (Read 68 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
June 22, 2021
‘Where Are The Admirals? Where Are The Generals? Where Are the Veterans?’
By Jeff M. Lewis

On 17 August 1955, President Dwight D. Eisenhower prescribed a Code of Conduct for members of the Armed Forces of the United States. The purpose was to inform each service member in a combat unit about their basic responsibilities when engaged in combat or if they were captured by enemy forces. Of the six articles, the first and sixth articles are particularly powerful reminders about the Armed Forces’ mission and the dedication each member requires to complete that mission:

Article 1

I am an American, fighting in the forces which guard my country and our way of life. I am prepared to give my life in their defense.

Article 6

I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States of America.

It’s a matter of primary importance when recruiting a skilled and talented all-volunteer military force that the institution and its members, along with the desire to serve our country, firmly believe in America’s unique and moral character and the freedoms from which we all benefit. Along with these beliefs and desires, each member of the military must also develop a strong loyalty to his or her brothers and sisters in arms.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/06/where_are_the_admirals_where_are_the_generals_where_are_the_veterans.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34