Author Topic: Why would anyone pay $500,000 for a painting by Hunter Biden?  (Read 326 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why would anyone pay $500,000 for a painting by Hunter Biden?
« on: August 19, 2021, 06:00:15 pm »
Why would anyone pay $500,000 for a painting by Hunter Biden?
Arwa Mahdawi

He’s not an established artist – or critically acclaimed. Yet his works are apparently being sold for surprising amounts

Tue 17 Aug 2021 12.17 EDT

It looks like the prodigal son is a painter now. Hunter Biden, Joe Biden’s child, has apparently been dabbling with paints for years. Now his hobby has turned serious: starting soon, you can pick up one of his colourful creations from a gallery in New York’s SoHo. It will cost you, though: the pieces are reportedly priced between $75,000 and $500,000.

Who parts with that much cash for the work of a new, not exactly critically acclaimed, painter? We may never know. Hunter’s new career raises obvious ethical issues for his father and, in an attempt to avoid accusations of influence peddling, the Biden administration has asked the gallerist to keep all information about the buyers and prices of Hunter’s work confidential. The gallery has also agreed to reject offers that seem suspiciously generous.

Even without those safeguards in place, I highly doubt Biden’s policies would be affected by sales of his son’s terrible paintings. (The New York Times generously described them as “leaning towards the surreal”, which is a polite way of saying: “Looks a bit like a Covid-stricken Mr Blobby vomited on a canvas.”) There are already plenty of other ways, after all, that you can “buy” influence in the US’s rich democracy. It is well established, for example, that you can donate your way to an ambassadorship. Still, the optics of Hunter’s pricey paintings aren’t great. In fact, the whole situation screams nepotism.

more
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/aug/17/why-would-anyone-pay-500000-for-a-painting-by-hunter-biden
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Why would anyone pay $500,000 for a painting by Hunter Biden?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2021, 06:18:04 pm »
"Even without those safeguards in place, I highly doubt Biden’s policies would be affected by sales of his son’s terrible paintings."

That has me laughing my butt off. :happyhappy:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2021, 06:35:02 pm »
Hunter Biden painting sold June 20, 2021 for $500,000

Pierre-Auguste Renoir - Paysage aux environs de Cagnes-Sur-Mer. Painted 1912-1913. Sold at Sotheby's on May 21, 2021 for $352,800 USD

Doesn't take much smarts to realize what is going on here.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 06:36:21 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2021, 06:42:48 pm »

That looks like a perfect addition to the front of Nancy Pelosi's ice-cream freezer.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2021, 06:49:30 pm »

Pierre-Auguste Renoir - Paysage aux environs de Cagnes-Sur-Mer. Painted 1912-1913. Sold at Sotheby's on May 21, 2021 for $352,800 USD

Doesn't take much smarts to realize what is going on here.

Same thing that was going on when Hillary captured the cattle futures market.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2021, 07:01:03 pm »
The gallery has also agreed to reject offers that seem suspiciously generous.

You just can't make this stuff up.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2021, 07:05:52 pm »
The gallery has also agreed to reject offers that seem suspiciously generous.

You just can't make this stuff up.

The author is a goo-goo radical leftist who can't see the obvious corruptibility of Joe Biden.  I can't make it up, but this writer did.
I will NOT comply.