General Category > Elections 2020

Trump: 'I have not conceded' 2020 loss; might have 'different president' now if not for Pence choice

(1/4) > >>

mystery-ak:

Trump: 'I have not conceded' 2020 loss; might have 'different president' now if not for Pence choice

On the possibility of being reinstated as president if the 2020 contest is verified as fraudulent, Trump said such a decision would be "up to public" or "perhaps politicians."

By Alex Nitzberg

Updated: June 21, 2021 - 6:02pm

Former President Donald Trump said Monday that he has not conceded the 2020 presidential race,  that if the election is proven fraudulent it will be up to the public and "perhaps politicians" to decide how to respond, and that if Mike Pence had sent disputed election results back to state legislatures for review the country "might very well have a different president right now."

"No, I never admitted defeat," Trump told Just the News' "Water Cooler" in an exclusive interview on Real America's Voice.

"We have a lot of things happening right now ... all you have to do is read the newspapers and see what's coming out now," he said, adding that he has "not conceded."

Last week during an interview with conservative commentator Sean Hannity Trump had remarked about the 2020 contest that "shockingly, we were supposed to win easily at 64 million votes and we got 75 million votes and we didn't win, but let's see what happens on that."

Trump told the "The Water Cooler" host David Brody Monday that if the election was tainted by fraud any decision on reinstating him as president would fall to the public or possibly to politicians.

"If the election was fraudulent, people are gonna have to make up their own minds," he said. "It's not gonna be up to me. It's gonna be up to the public. It's gonna be up to, perhaps, politicians. I don't think there's ever been a case like this where hundreds of thousands of votes will be found. So we'll have to see what happens."

more
https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/all-things-trump/former-president-trump-2020-presidential-election-i-have-not

The_Reader_David:
Trump is still hawking the delusional interpretation of the Constitution under which the Vice President as President of the Senate can single-handedly overturn an election by refusing to count the votes of the electors.  The Vice President's duties in this regard are purely ministerial:  he (or she) is to count the votes of the electors as submitted by the states.

This insanity is reason enough to hope he does not even try for the GOP nomination inf 2024, and is denied it in favor of someone who actually understands the Constitution if he does run again.

LegalAmerican:

--- Quote from: The_Reader_David on June 22, 2021, 12:17:22 am ---Trump is still hawking the delusional interpretation of the Constitution under which the Vice President as President of the Senate can single-handedly overturn an election by refusing to count the votes of the electors.  The Vice President's duties in this regard are purely ministerial:  he (or she) is to count the votes of the electors as submitted by the states.

This insanity is reason enough to hope he does not even try for the GOP nomination inf 2024, and is denied it in favor of someone who actually understands the Constitution if he does run again.

--- End quote ---

You are wrong. That is not what VP can do.

HoustonSam:
Trump's comments simply perpetuate conflict within the R party.  This is not helpful.

skeeter:
The GOPe be damned, there's never a wrong time for the truth

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version