Author Topic: Laurel Hubbard Becomes First Trans Athlete to Compete at Olympics  (Read 2750 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Laurel Hubbard Becomes First Trans Athlete to Compete at Olympics

Dylan Gwinn 20 Jun 2021

The International Olympic Committee (IOC) has announced that Laurel Hubbard, a male who identifies as a woman, will become the first trans athlete to compete in the Olympics.

According to ESPN:

Hubbard was among five weightlifters confirmed Monday in New Zealand’s team for Tokyo. At 43, she will also be the oldest weightlifter at the games, and will be ranked fourth in the competition on Aug. 2 for women 87 kilograms (192 pounds) and over.

“I am grateful and humbled by the kindness and support that has been given to me by so many New Zealanders,” Hubbard said in a statement. “When I broke my arm at the Commonwealth Games three years ago, I was advised that my sporting career had likely reached its end. But your support, your encouragement, and your aroha (love) carried me through the darkness.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2021/06/20/laurel-hubbard-becomes-first-trans-athlete-to-compete-at-olympics/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Laurel Hubbard Becomes First Trans Athlete to Compete at Olympics
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2021, 02:39:10 pm »
I am seeing a future career with Victoria's Secret alongside MS Rapihoe.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2021, 02:45:48 pm »
Well there goes another venerated tradition.

Progressive trash destroy everything.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2021, 02:49:44 pm »
I am seeing a future career with Victoria's Secret alongside MS Rapihoe.

Yeah, I can see that..here is *Laurel*

Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2021, 05:29:20 pm »
Well there goes another venerated tradition.

Progressive trash destroy everything.
Recalling Soviet 'lady' shot putters, it's just in the open...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2021, 07:49:20 pm »
Recalling Soviet 'lady' shot putters, it's just in the open...
Yup, if it's the first, as bender would say

If they are going to have trans mental defectives in the Olympics than they should have a new category of trans against trans .........................Oh shit that won't work because it will be men incapable of competing against other men competing against other men and that just completely defeats the whole men competing against women so they can finally win.  :shrug:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2021, 10:41:18 pm »
Yeah, I can see that..here is *Laurel*

Olympic Medal grab.  Medal grab.... Medal grab. See: snatch, medal Snatch, and Clean-And a-Jerk.

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2021, 02:00:39 pm »
That twitter thread also mentions Hubbard, who was a total failure as a male weightlifter. Only after "transitioning" was he able to defeat anyone - women, that is.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2021, 02:14:52 pm »
 Female Athletes Sidelined As Biological Male Advances To Olympics To Compete In Women’s Weightlifting
June 21, 2021 By Maggie Hroncich

Weightlifter Laurel Hubbard, a 43-year-old biological male, will compete for New Zealand in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. Hubbard competed in men’s weightlifting competitions before changing genders in 2013. Hubbard will compete in the super-heavyweight 87+kg category, becoming the first male to compete in a female event for the Olympics.

The International Olympic Committee changed its rules in 2015 to allow transgender athletes if their testosterone level is shown to be 10 nanomoles per liter or less for at least a year prior to competition. That criteria is 5 to 33 percent higher than the average testosterone levels in biological females, which is considered to be between 0.3 and 2.4 nanomoles per liter. The IOC’s rules also allow males to compete in female events without undergoing surgery to remove their testes, the Guardian reported.

Former New Zealand weightlifter Tracey Lambrechs, who was forced to drop a category at the Commonwealth Games in 2018 to make room for Hubbard, spoke out against the Olympic decision. 

more
https://thefederalist.com/2021/06/21/female-athletes-sidelined-as-biological-male-advances-to-olympics-to-compete-in-womens-weightlifting/
Support the USO

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2021, 03:16:10 pm »
There is no such thing in this world as a transgendered anything!

Just in case anyone here didn't already know that.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2021, 03:24:08 pm »
This is the real war on women, not the folderol the pink-hat posse pushes.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2021, 04:59:32 pm »
@Polly Ticks

Men are made differently than women.
Evidently, some people do not know that.  No one can change genetics.  Evidently, some people do not know that.  Changing the "look" of a body (male: Like my dress? Like my high heeled shoes?) does not change genetics.  Evidently, some people do not know that. 
Consider the rest in "quotes":

Why Are Males Physically Stronger Than Females? 

According to LiveScience, males have higher metabolisms than women, which helps them burn more calories and provide more strength. Female metabolisms tend to convert food into fat. This extra fat is nature's way of providing women with fuller hips, breasts and buttocks to attract mates.

According to HowStuffWorks, a study released in 1993 explored the difference in muscle makeup between men and women. The study found that the female participants in the study had only about 52 percent of the strength that the men exhibited in their upper bodies. The researchers contributed this to the higher concentration of fatty tissues that are present in the top half of women's bodies.

Female and male bodies are designed to handle their individual gender roles. For example, women's bodies are designed for pregnancy. This is why women have wider hips than men, which are ideal for storing extra fat that their bodies need during pregnancy. Men, who are free from needing to meet the requirements of birth, are generally stronger and built in a way that muscles can flourish easily.

Scientists believe that the primary reason for this is so that men were able to compete against one another for women, as well as search for food to provide for their families.

https://www.reference.com/science/males-physically-stronger-females-c2792a4225417356

« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 05:02:28 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline corbe

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2021, 07:05:15 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2021, 07:25:51 pm »
This progressive idiocy must end.  There are men, and there are women.  PERIOD!!!

And if you are a trans, bottomline, if you have testicles, you are a man for sports competition.  PERIOD!!!  Anything other than this is an intentional act to marginalize women.  This is idiocy.

I have heard enough young women in sports indicate they are losing to transgenders who still have their testicles.  This is just wrong and discriminatory.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2021, 07:27:08 pm »
When you can't make the Olympics as a man...  :shrug:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2021, 07:35:38 pm »
This guy was a failure at just about every level of competition as a man. Only when he grew his hair and called himself "Laurel" did he start winning -- against women.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2021, 07:39:51 pm »

Branded, scorned as the one who ran.
What do you do when you're branded, and you know you're a man.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2021, 07:44:22 pm »
I'm old enough to remember the jokes about the "female" members of the East German track and field team at the Olympics.  :smokin:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2021, 07:45:07 pm »
This guy was a failure at just about every level of competition as a man. Only when he grew his hair and called himself "Laurel" did he start winning -- against women.

Gotta love how the alleged champions of Women's rights have destroyed the women's movement.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2021, 07:47:32 pm »
Branded, scorned as the one who ran.
What do you do when you're branded, and you know you're a man.

That's a good show.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2021, 08:39:42 pm »
The Tranie Taliban will not stop till they kill women's sports.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2021, 03:01:00 am »
This is the real war on women, not the folderol the pink-hat posse pushes.

You are completely correct.

Every one of them who 'wins' a competition either takes or degrades the titles of those women who would have been one step higher on the podium.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2021, 03:03:03 am »
I'm old enough to remember the jokes about the "female" members of the East German track and field team at the Olympics.  :smokin:
They found new Jobs...

"This is Peggy, you call me, no?"

C S Lewis