Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: Meadows says DeSantis won't run against Trump in 2024  (Read 1990 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
EXCLUSIVE: Meadows says DeSantis won't run against Trump in 2024
by Christian Datoc |
 | June 21, 2021 07:00 AM

Former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows thinks the public can add Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis to the list of Republican presidential hopefuls who won't run against former President Donald Trump in 2024 should he enter the race.

DeSantis recently edged out Trump in the Western Conservative Summit's presidential straw poll, but Meadows, in an exclusive interview with the Washington Examiner that took place ahead of the poll's release, danced around DeSantis's popularity and the notion he might challenge another White House bid from the 45th president.

"Gov. DeSantis has made it very, very clear that he is running for reelection as governor of Florida, but he doesn't shy away from being very bold in terms of the initiatives that he's putting forth," the former House Freedom Caucus chairman stated, citing three days he recently spent with DeSantis in California. "His reelect for governor is a platform to show that the policies, and the boldness, and, quite frankly, the courage."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/exclusive-meadows-says-desantis-wont-run-against-trump-in-2024
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Meadows says DeSantis won't run against Trump in 2024
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2021, 12:43:32 pm »
I'd hate to lose my Gov.  But I would take one for the team if need be.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2021, 01:14:36 pm »
DeSantis proves he is indeed a very smart man politically!  Looks like he would make a great VP for President Trump.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2021, 01:19:17 pm »
We all know that if he does run, Trump will trash him, just like he did the '16 field.

Mr. Trump, you had great ideas, but time to retire, and let new blood lead the MAGA efforts.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2021, 01:21:58 pm »
DeSantis has done well to keep so much hair when so many's after it. I hope that he fares well.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2021, 01:25:08 pm »
We all know that if he does run, Trump will trash him, just like he did the '16 field.

Mr. Trump, you had great ideas, but time to retire, and let new blood lead the MAGA efforts.

Trump participating in another contested R primary field would be a disaster.  He needs to announce his decision as quickly as possible after the mid-terms so that other potential candidates can either declare and get organized or stand down to spare the party another debacle.

The trouble is that if Trump announces he won't run, he'll still dangle the possibility that he could change his mind and get in later.
James 1:20

Offline christian

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2021, 01:48:28 pm »
How will we ever defeat the EVIL TRUMP?  Maybe if the ranks of the Republicans can be filled with Bidens, it will be sooo much better!  Like what we have now, times 10x, utopia,utopia, utopia!
All it will take is for more Conservatives to superglue their mouths shut!

Online rustynail

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2021, 02:15:54 pm »
Talking too early, got to win the mid-terms first.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2021, 02:25:51 pm »
Talking too early, got to win the mid-terms first.

Yep. All focus on the midterms for now. As for Desantis and Trump AFTER the midterms, whatever occurs will stem from an alliance between the two men....both understand that the Conservative cause cannot withstand a conflict between the two. It’s in neither mans interest to oppose one another...my guess is they are in consistent communication/coordination and have a joint plan for 2024.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Absalom

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2021, 06:36:57 pm »
Trump will be on the doorstep of 80 next POTUS election and his Disciples can't wait?
It's known as a death wish!!!!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2021, 07:15:46 pm »
Trump will be on the doorstep of 80 next POTUS election and his Disciples can't wait?

When one realizes it's just to piss one off, it makes it a lot easier to understand.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline christian

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2021, 08:32:49 pm »
I can't help but wonder how much Soros is paying his stooges for a steady daily diet of hate and intolerance of Trump posts!

Offline Absalom

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2021, 09:00:35 pm »
When one realizes it's just to piss one off, it makes it a lot easier to understand.
---------------------
OK, if you insist.

Online libertybele

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2021, 09:02:49 pm »
Yep. All focus on the midterms for now. As for Desantis and Trump AFTER the midterms, whatever occurs will stem from an alliance between the two men....both understand that the Conservative cause cannot withstand a conflict between the two. It’s in neither mans interest to oppose one another...my guess is they are in consistent communication/coordination and have a joint plan for 2024.

DeSantis has stated that he is running for re-election as governor.  Personally, I'm glad to hear it.  We need him right where he's at.

I'm not so sure that Trump will even run in 2024 and the focus truly needs to be on the mid terms and ensuring a fair election. The GOP and RNC needs to get their act together on this.  They FAILED before and I haven't heard any major attempts of rectifying this issue.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2021, 12:26:53 am »
Assuming Mr. Trump's health is up for another run, there could be no stronger Republican ticket in 2024 than Trump/DeSantis.

Mr. DeSantis knows this, and I sense he also knows that serving as Mr. Trump's VP for four years won't hurt him a bit in his future quest to become president.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2021, 02:48:25 am »
Nothing in what Meadows said says that DeSantis won't run in 2024. Running for re-election in 2022 and running for President in 2024 are not mutually exclusive. The Examiner is being dishonest.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2021, 02:50:35 am »

Lots of denial happening.  Trump lost 18-44 year olds by a margin of 14 points ... flipped Georgia and Arizona blue.  Enough of a buffer persisted in North Carolina and Texas, but he relied upon extreme margins in shrinking rural counties.  A new voice is needed, or center-right thought is going to be marginalized.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2021, 03:09:53 am »
I'd vastly prefer DeSantis. Trump's presidency was disastrous... besides the USSC appointees, which was easy-sauce due to the GOP Senate.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2021, 03:31:57 am »
@Cyber Liberty   Check your PMs, please.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2021, 04:21:51 am »
POTUS TRUMP is having a rally this saturday.   

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2021, 04:25:04 am »
Assuming Mr. Trump's health is up for another run, there could be no stronger Republican ticket in 2024 than Trump/DeSantis.

Mr. DeSantis knows this, and I sense he also knows that serving as Mr. Trump's VP for four years won't hurt him a bit in his future quest to become president.

:bingo:

Offline christian

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2021, 05:58:06 am »
We were told abortions could not be stopped because democrats were determined that nothing would be allowed to stop them.  Now we are being told because democrats did what they did to Trump while Trump was in office, Trump cannot be a Presidential again.  Odd,no matter hoiw nasty and corrupt a democrat is or how old a democrat is, like dementia Biden,these NeverTrumpers never say of worse democrats like they say of Trump.  Hardcore and covert LockSteppers?

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2021, 05:37:46 pm »
Trump wants to run in 2024, he will run.  And DeSantis is a brilliant politician, so he will wait for his time in the sun.

Since Trump is holding rallies, I suspect he is seriously entertaining the notion to run again.  Only his health would stop him from running again.

And then there is always Jeb waiting in the wings with his never Trump supporters!