Author Topic: We Are The Useful Idiots: How Our Nation Divided is Playing Straight Into The Hands of Our Greatest  (Read 245 times)

rangerrebew

We Are The Useful Idiots: How Our Nation Divided is Playing Straight Into The Hands of Our Greatest Enemies

June 16, 2021 by Alice Atalanta

by Dr. Alice Atalanta, Ph.D.

This first appeared in The Havok Journal on June 2, 2020. Unfortunately, the topics discussed remain just as relevant today.

How Our Nation Divided is Playing Straight Into the Hands of our Greatest Enemies
■■■

Our country is descending into chaos right now. What is next? Civil war? Revolution? Or could positive change still yet arise from the ashes of the damage that has already been done?ir?t=havokmediallc-20&language=en_US&l=li2&o=1&a=B001G6YM56

Like walking into a disaster area or a mass casualty incident, we have to pause and survey the scene. Identify the forces that are at play. Pick out what is still salvageable, and keep it somewhere safe. Perhaps most importantly, we need to immediately identify the still-active threats and disruptive forces at play and weed them out before they can do any further damage.

This week, before the killing of George Floyd, I was working on what was supposed to be a different story from the one I am writing now. I had interviewed Chris Costa, a former intelligence officer of 34 years, former Special Assistant to the President, current Executive Director of the International Spy Museum, and former Department of the Navy Civilian at the Naval Special Warfare Development Group (DEVGRU). The objective of that interview was for me to learn more from Mr. Costa about the efforts of foreign intelligence agencies to manipulate the American political landscape by way of the internet, an issue of critical importance in light of the upcoming 2020 election. As a military writer who spends the bulk of her time attempting to tackle issues such as this one—well known and understood by the military community, but somewhat underestimated in the civilian world—I felt that it was important to share Costa’s warning with my fellow Americans. The objective of this piece was to have constituted such a warning: here is how our foreign adversaries operate online, here is how they target and manipulate us, and here is how we can steel ourselves against it.

https://havokjournal.com/world/we-are-the-useful-idiots-how-our-nation-divided-is-playing-straight-into-the-hands-of-our-greatest-enemies/

Offline Absalom

Our ongoing decline has been obvious foe some time and its catalyst is scarcely an intelligence failure.
When a culture/society looses sight of and ignores the values/virtues that birthed it;
decline and fall is pre-ordained; which summarizes Gibbon's "Decline & Fall of the Roman Empire".