Author Topic: 42,000 pounds of missing pistachios leads to possible illegal pistachio operation  (Read 973 times)

Offline libertybele

Seriously?? We are consider about a pistachio caper?? Why is this even newsworthy??

42,000 pounds of missing pistachios leads to possible illegal pistachio operation

It was the case of the missing pistachios.

When a pistachio company in California noticed that thousands of pounds of its main product had gone missing, it opened an investigation. It appears that a truck driver may have been running an illegal pistachio operation out of the trucking yard.

The Tulare County Sheriff’s Office posted about the missing pistachios on its Facebook page. According to the statement, the Touchstone Pistachio Company noticed that 42,000 pounds of pistachios had gone missing during a routine audit.

The company reported the situation to the sheriff’s office, which opened an investigation.

According to the Facebook post, it was eventually discovered that a tractor-trailer had been moved from the Montemayor Trucking lot in Delano to a nearby, unnamed lot. There, it was discovered that the pistachios were in 2,000-pound sacks.

Apparently, the plan was to move the pistachios into smaller bags and resell them.

Authorities arrested Alberto Montemayor, of Montemayor trucking, in relation to the incident.............

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/42000-pounds-missing-pistachios-illegal-pistachio-operation

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline PeteS in CA

The theft of 10s or hundreds of thousands of dollars of a product is not newsworthy because the product is pistachios? I suspect the company that owns the product thinks otherwise, and many business people are glad the thieves were caught and might actually be punished.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline libertybele

The theft of 10s or hundreds of thousands of dollars of a product is not newsworthy because the product is pistachios? I suspect the company that owns the product thinks otherwise, and many business people are glad the thieves were caught and might actually be punished.

Ya, I get that. I actually got a chuckle out of the subject matter (what people come up with).  A pistachio caper v. illegals crossing over our border, young girls being sold as sex slaves, a stolen election, COVID-19,MS-13, Iran nuke deal, abortion, etc ., etc.  Just found pistachio theft quite out of the norm is all.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline PeteS in CA

Ya, I get that. I actually got a chuckle out of the subject matter (what people come up with).  A pistachio caper v. illegals crossing over our border, young girls being sold as sex slaves, a stolen election, COVID-19,MS-13, Iran nuke deal, abortion, etc ., etc.  Just found pistachio theft quite out of the norm is all.

It is kind of nutty, ****drummer .

Capers are pickled immature peppercorns, ****drummer .
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online andy58-in-nh

I'll just bet they set up some kind of shell corporation...
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Check the Port-A-Potty's at the next peanut festival.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Twenty one tons of pistachios? That's a lot of green!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis