State Chapters > California

42,000 pounds of missing pistachios leads to possible illegal pistachio operation

(1/2) > >>

libertybele:
Seriously?? We are consider about a pistachio caper?? Why is this even newsworthy??

42,000 pounds of missing pistachios leads to possible illegal pistachio operation

It was the case of the missing pistachios.

When a pistachio company in California noticed that thousands of pounds of its main product had gone missing, it opened an investigation. It appears that a truck driver may have been running an illegal pistachio operation out of the trucking yard.

The Tulare County Sheriff’s Office posted about the missing pistachios on its Facebook page. According to the statement, the Touchstone Pistachio Company noticed that 42,000 pounds of pistachios had gone missing during a routine audit.

The company reported the situation to the sheriff’s office, which opened an investigation.

According to the Facebook post, it was eventually discovered that a tractor-trailer had been moved from the Montemayor Trucking lot in Delano to a nearby, unnamed lot. There, it was discovered that the pistachios were in 2,000-pound sacks.

Apparently, the plan was to move the pistachios into smaller bags and resell them.

Authorities arrested Alberto Montemayor, of Montemayor trucking, in relation to the incident.............

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/42000-pounds-missing-pistachios-illegal-pistachio-operation

PeteS in CA:
The theft of 10s or hundreds of thousands of dollars of a product is not newsworthy because the product is pistachios? I suspect the company that owns the product thinks otherwise, and many business people are glad the thieves were caught and might actually be punished.

libertybele:

--- Quote from: PeteS in CA on June 21, 2021, 12:11:14 am ---The theft of 10s or hundreds of thousands of dollars of a product is not newsworthy because the product is pistachios? I suspect the company that owns the product thinks otherwise, and many business people are glad the thieves were caught and might actually be punished.

--- End quote ---

Ya, I get that. I actually got a chuckle out of the subject matter (what people come up with).  A pistachio caper v. illegals crossing over our border, young girls being sold as sex slaves, a stolen election, COVID-19,MS-13, Iran nuke deal, abortion, etc ., etc.  Just found pistachio theft quite out of the norm is all.

PeteS in CA:

--- Quote from: libertybele on June 21, 2021, 12:31:02 am ---Ya, I get that. I actually got a chuckle out of the subject matter (what people come up with).  A pistachio caper v. illegals crossing over our border, young girls being sold as sex slaves, a stolen election, COVID-19,MS-13, Iran nuke deal, abortion, etc ., etc.  Just found pistachio theft quite out of the norm is all.

--- End quote ---

It is kind of nutty, ****drummer .

Capers are pickled immature peppercorns, ****drummer .

andy58-in-nh:
I'll just bet they set up some kind of shell corporation...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version