Author Topic: New book: Challenger crew likely survived explosion, died after plunging back to Earth  (Read 1394 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
New book: Challenger crew likely survived explosion, died after plunging back to Earth
June 20, 2021 | Vivek Saxena

While researching the life of Christa McAuliffe, one of seven passengers aboard the Space Shuttle Challenger when it exploded only 73 seconds into its flight on Jan. 28th, 1986, award-winning biographer Kevin Cook discovered something horrific.

The crew members didn’t die when the explosion was triggered. They remained alive for two minutes and 45 seconds as the shuttle dropped toward the Earth. Not til it crashed into the ocean at 207 miles per hour did they perish.

This and more stunning facts about the horrific tragedy are reportedly outlined in Cook’s latest biography, “The Burning Blue: The Untold Story of Christa McAuliffe and NASA’s Challenger Disaster.”

https://twitter.com/WBAI/status/1405495567350915073

“[T]he capsule the crew was sitting inside did not explode. It was ejected in the explosion, and remained intact,” the New York Post reported Saturday, citing the findings from Cook’s book.

“The brave crew members — Smith, Dick Scobee, Ronald McNair, Ellison Onizuka, Judith Resnik, Gregory Jarvis and Christa McAuliffe — survived the initial disaster and ‘were conscious, at least at first, and fully aware that something was wrong,'” the outlet added, quoting directly from the book.

In an interview earlier this month with NPR, Cook revealed that this was not something he’d known when he started writing the book.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/06/20/new-book-challenger-crew-likely-survived-explosion-died-after-plunging-back-to-earth-1091736/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I remember hearing about this back when it happened.  NASA would had to have wanted to keep this under wraps, because there would have been a huge outcry demanding the crew compartment be something that could be ejected to safety at the first sign of trouble, like every US spacecraft before and since the Challenger disaster.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
I remember hearing about this back when it happened.  NASA would had to have wanted to keep this under wraps, because there would have been a huge outcry demanding the crew compartment be something that could be ejected to safety at the first sign of trouble, like every US spacecraft before and since the Challenger disaster.

Yes, this isn't anything new, this information has been known for years. Heck, there are YouTube videos about it.
Let it burn.

Offline Joe Wooten

Yep. I remember hearing about the week it happened

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yep. I remember hearing about the week it happened
Me, too. NASA already had a PR nightmare on their hands, though, and it wasn't mentioned much.  Original proposed designs had a crew capsule which could be separated from the rest of the orbiter in the instance of a problem, something like the crew escape module on the F-111. It was nixed over expense, iirc.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Me, too. NASA already had a PR nightmare on their hands, though, and it wasn't mentioned much.  Original proposed designs had a crew capsule which could be separated from the rest of the orbiter in the instance of a problem, something like the crew escape module on the F-111. It was nixed over expense, iirc.

If that were to happen in 2020-21, the Rats and the Presstitutes would be crawling all over each other finding ways to blame Donald Trump and us.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@mystery-ak

Would someone PLEASE tell me WHAT purpose this serves,other than to inform the families of these men and women that their loved ones had minutes to live in terror and pain before they actually died?

If the author of this book has a book reading anywhere near me,I am going to go there and bitch slap the piss out of them.

Pimping out the pain and terror of dead astronauts or anyone else risking their lives to serve this nation for personal profit and/or fame is something that really pisses me off!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 10:00:03 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Joe Wooten

Don't forget Elvis is with them too.........
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 04:50:19 pm by Mod2 »

Online rustynail

Remember the cruel jokes that used to circulate after disasters?  ........she said no I will just wash up onshore....