Author Topic: Ron DeSantis Beats Donald Trump in Major, Grassroots 2024 Straw Poll  (Read 4702 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Ron DeSantis Beats Donald Trump in Major, Grassroots 2024 Straw Poll
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2021, 10:26:35 pm »

You, know, people like Mittens and Mitch -- those idiots still like to think that they are gods.
Well,for all practical political purposes,they are,and they want to REMAIN  Gods by keeping the people in office,both Dim and alleged Republican that they know they can "work with".

What I find interesting at this point, is there has been no real pushback from the DEMS against DeSantis and I can't figure out why.

Seriously?

It is as obvious as ugly on a female Clinton. They want DeSantis to gain enough traction with the voters to get Trump to drop out or be defeated in the primary. They can then get together and stick knives in his back until he is defeated.

DeSantis is a egotistical fool if he falls for this instead of working to be Trump's VP.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2021, 10:33:04 pm »
Again, I got your point.  Now see if you can get mine: 

The guy from NY is the ONLY US President to take action against abortion worldwide and right here in the good ole USA.  You get stuck on words .... I applaud actions taken.   This is what usually separates us.

Now please, can you find another dead horse to beat?   happy77

@Right_in_Virginia you will not get away with changing the subject or moving the goalposts when I've proven you wrong.  Other people may get lost following you down rabbit trails, but you might as well accept that I won't be doing that.

Having made that clear, I have admitted here at least twice that Trump's record on abortion is better than I ever expected; do you really not see that I have acknowledged your point, while you have basically ignored mine?  I would like to find some common ground with you here and extend an olive branch but I'm not going to accept a truce where all the intellectual honesty has to be on my side.
James 1:20

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2021, 10:33:30 pm »
God gave us free will, some used it to elect a person that spit at God via several marriage affairs and flaunting a Playboy cover photo as a crowning achievement (remember he choose that himself to display after crowing about how he has a whole warehouse full of stuff about himself). This is a man that waved the Bible in one hand while holding his book in the other, but couldn't quote one verse out of the Bible when pressed and later when pressed presented a fake Bible verse as memorable.

Where exactly did Trump attend church at during his reign? Yeah, I didn't hear much about that either.

I get the feeling those that put Trump in a position of moral this or that have no idea what a moral line actually is. They have been grabbed by something and pulled along and seem to enjoy it.

Just to be clear, NY Values (Trump's term) of abortion and gun control and gay rights don't exactly jive with morals most of us in the south recognize.

The only thing (IMHO) electing Trump did was erase the moral high ground that most republicans could claim.

@Sighlass

You want some mythical creature from ancient history as president? A guy who was almost certainly a homosexual who refused to even defend himself?

Have you lost your freaking mind?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2021, 10:33:33 pm »
Well,for all practical political purposes,they are,and they want to REMAIN  Gods by keeping the people in office,both Dim and alleged Republican that they know they can "work with".

What I find interesting at this point, is there has been no real pushback from the DEMS against DeSantis and I can't figure out why.

Seriously?

It is as obvious as ugly on a female Clinton. They want DeSantis to gain enough traction with the voters to get Trump to drop out or be defeated in the primary. They can then get together and stick knives in his back until he is defeated.

DeSantis is a egotistical fool if he falls for this instead of working to be Trump's VP.

Two things here; for one DeSantis has stated that he will seek re-election as governor.

Trump hasn't even announced that he's running and honestly, I don't think that he will. 

I think we need to make it through the midterms with HOPEFULLY (though  I am doubtful) a fair election.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2021, 10:37:33 pm »
IMHO unless Ronna is replaced as head of the RNC, count on Mittens being the nominee.

@libertybele

If Mittens gets the nod,I might even vote for the Dim candidate. If I am going to vote for a Chinese toy,I might as well vote for one that doesn't try to hide it.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2021, 10:48:32 pm »
Other people know,  Ron is using POTUS TRUMPS....game plan and actions. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYaS4VpSe1c

Offline libertybele

« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2021, 11:18:55 pm »
@libertybele

If Mittens gets the nod,I might even vote for the Dim candidate. If I am going to vote for a Chinese toy,I might as well vote for one that doesn't try to hide it.

Ronna as you know is Mittens niece.  I believe she helped in the defeat of Trump.  Just my opinion.  If Mittens gets the nod, I will vote down ballot if there's anyone worth voting for or for the first time in my life, I won't vote at all.  Why bother??

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2021, 12:33:49 am »
@Right_in_Virginia you will not get away with changing the subject or moving the goalposts when I've proven you wrong.  Other people may get lost following you down rabbit trails, but you might as well accept that I won't be doing that.

Having made that clear, I have admitted here at least twice that Trump's record on abortion is better than I ever expected; do you really not see that I have acknowledged your point, while you have basically ignored mine?  I would like to find some common ground with you here and extend an olive branch but I'm not going to accept a truce where all the intellectual honesty has to be on my side.

I never offered a truce or expected one from you.  I merely answered --- again --- your question and suggested in the most polite way I could think of that you stop your incessant, absurd circular blather.

I don't know what is confusing you now, Sam, but this time ... I no longer give a damn.

Have a good night.  (Or don't .... it's up to you.)

« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2021, 12:36:02 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

Yup! If there is ONE thing you can always count on the RNC to do,it is cave and surrender to they don't make their Dim pals mad.

If Trump isn't at the top of the ticket,I ain't voting,period.

I'm right behind ya @sneakypete

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2021, 01:01:58 am »
I never offered a truce or expected one from you.  I merely answered --- again --- your question and suggested in the most polite way I could think of that you stop your incessant, absurd circular blather.

I don't know what is confusing you now, Sam, but this time ... I no longer give a damn.

Have a good night.  (Or don't .... it's up to you.)

Fair enough, so long as we both know where we stand.  Don't expect to see any more "passive" in the "passive aggressive."
James 1:20

« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2021, 03:36:53 am »
Don't expect to see any more "passive" in the "passive aggressive."

Please don't threaten me @HoustonSam

@mystery-ak

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2021, 03:39:59 am »
I like Desantis, but underestimate Trump at your own peril, at least in the GOP primaries.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2021, 12:40:16 pm »
Game set and match goes to @HoustonSam for being the sane voice of reason and reality in this thread.

:pop41:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2021, 12:51:26 pm »
Game set and match goes to @HoustonSam for being the sane voice of reason and reality in this thread.

:pop41:

Yeah... As if that ever would be a question...  :beer:

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2021, 07:09:05 am »
It's my understanding that the South would certainly understand the NY values Donald Trump was referring to.  He made them quite clear:  how NYers handled 911. 

After the debate, Trump spoke with passion of the blue collar guys who ran up hundreds and hundreds of stairs even as people were flocking down them ---  How hundreds of cops ran toward the burning buildings to help evacuate survivors; how firemen and construction crews dug for weeks through toxic debris -- often with their hands -- searching for any survivor and then any hint of the remains of the souls lost so their families would have something to bury....

The restaurants that opened to feed cops and firefighters free of charge, the NYers lined up to give blood, the church services, spontaneous applause for first responders when sighted by NYers on the streets --- and how the Mayor attended the funeral of every cop and firefighter killed.

For the man who lived and grew up there, "NY Values" meant community.

But somehow you missed all this @Sighlass and heard a defense of gay rights, abortion and gun control. 

I don't think the problem here is with Trump.

You forget that we are political bugs, that was not the NY values Cruz was referencing (and you know it). Trump defined it and it wasn't anything like Trump (and you) suggested in the debate. But it worked, why because the electorate in general is not informed like you and me on such matters, so stop spinning the subject pretending we are political novices, at least here at TBR.

Trump's NY Values was far liberal. He was dang proud of his position (at an age that he should of known better).... It just goes to prove that Trump wasn't a conservative and never will be, he is a populace and blows with the wind.

Here is Cruz's video on the subject. I have it bookmarked actually. He admits his views are different from Iowa.... he goes on and on about his NY values because he is lived there all his life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHAHKGP10yc

What ticked me off the most was the way Kelly (Fox News at the time) handled the question during the debate, she only admitted later that she knew what Cruz was driving at. She knew Trump's positions he placed out front during the interview.

@Right_in_Virginia

Trump said "it was a very insulting" statement Cruz made... well in context it was 100% true and Trump's own words prove it. Again, too bad the voting public didn't do their homework to fully understand "Trump's NY Values" which at least partially negate most conservative voters that vote those issues (gay marriage, gays in military, and  partial birth abortion).

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2021, 12:39:55 pm »
Texans don't really care much for loud obnoxious New Yorkers, no matter what their values are.

Hence, why so  many of us held our nose, and voted for him.  Again I'll say...  lets move on get some new blood in there.  DeSantis or Cotton either works fine for me at this point
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2021, 01:49:48 pm »
You forget that we are political bugs, that was not the NY values Cruz was referencing (and you know it). Trump defined it and it wasn't anything like Trump (and you) suggested in the debate. But it worked, why because the electorate in general is not informed like you and me on such matters, so stop spinning the subject pretending we are political novices, at least here at TBR.

Trump's NY Values was far liberal. He was dang proud of his position (at an age that he should of known better).... It just goes to prove that Trump wasn't a conservative and never will be, he is a populace and blows with the wind.

Here is Cruz's video on the subject. I have it bookmarked actually. He admits his views are different from Iowa.... he goes on and on about his NY values because he is lived there all his life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHAHKGP10yc

What ticked me off the most was the way Kelly (Fox News at the time) handled the question during the debate, she only admitted later that she knew what Cruz was driving at. She knew Trump's positions he placed out front during the interview.

@Right_in_Virginia

Trump said "it was a very insulting" statement Cruz made... well in context it was 100% true and Trump's own words prove it. Again, too bad the voting public didn't do their homework to fully understand "Trump's NY Values" which at least partially negate most conservative voters that vote those issues (gay marriage, gays in military, and  partial birth abortion).

@Sighlass

You can pretend to be an unbiased rational conservative all you want,but you ain't fooling anybody. Trump IS the most conservative President of my lifetime,and Cruz is just a poser,going whichever way the wind blows.

Damn shame he is so wishy-washy because I think he may be the smartest man in politics,and when he stands up on his hind legs like an actual man and defends any attack that puts his seat in danger,he is something wonderful to see and hear. That seems to be the only time he shows any honest passion.

Truth to tell,I honestly don't think he would even accept the Presidential nomination if it were handed to him on a platter. I think he is just talking this smack to get free press attention and to build up his own conservative credentials by pretending to be more conservative than Trump.

You just don't like Trump,and you are not going to let reality get in your way.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 11:26:51 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2021, 02:13:08 pm »
Texans don't really care much for loud obnoxious New Yorkers, no matter what their values are.

Hence, why so  many of us held our nose, and voted for him.  Again I'll say...  lets move on get some new blood in there.  DeSantis or Cotton either works fine for me at this point

@catfish1957

Ok,show me when they ever stood up and fought tooth and nail for conservative positions against a hostile print and broadcast media,live tv.

Show me when they were EVER attacked like Trump was attacked,and stood up on their hind feet and not only defended themselves,but fought back without retreating.

I will freely admit that DeSantis shows a LOT of promise and at this point I would not object to him being mentioned as a possible VP candidate,BUT........,he has not really had his feet fed to the fire yet,and I have no idea how he will react to the tremendous pressure that will be brought on him or any other VP candidate,never mind Presidential candidate.

We know how Trump reacts,though. Like a kid at a candy store. He shrugs off or dismisses their charges like nothing more than a useless distraction,and then goes after his accusers and the left. This drives the left absolutely nuts.

As for Cotton,I have nothing to say because I know nothing about him.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2021, 02:27:31 pm »
I'm right behind ya @sneakypete
I'll vote for the man if only because all the right people hate him.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2021, 07:34:46 pm »
@catfish1957

Ok,show me when they ever stood up and fought tooth and nail for conservative positions against a hostile print and broadcast media,live tv.

Show me when they were EVER attacked like Trump was attacked,and stood up on their hind feet and not only defended themselves,but fought back without retreating.

I will freely admit that DeSantis shows a LOT of promise and at this point I would not object to him being mentioned as a possible VP candidate,BUT........,he has not really had his feet fed to the fire yet,and I have no idea how he will react to the tremendous pressure that will be brought on him or any other VP candidate,never mind Presidential candidate.

We know how Trump reacts,though. Like a kid at a candy store. He shrugs off or dismisses their charges like nothing more than a useless distraction,and then goes after his accusers and the left. This drives the left absolutely nuts.

As for Cotton,I have nothing to say because I know nothing about him.

We all have our own POV.  I just think you hero is a loud obnoxious Yankee, who sadly happens to be the only choice we pretty much have  .  IF he gets the nomimation in 2024, I hold my nose and pull the lever again for him. 

But OTOH, I sure doesn't mean I  like him or admire him.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2021, 11:05:47 pm »
I'll vote for the man if only because all the right people hate him.

@skeeter

A list of a man's enemies will tell you more about him than anything else I know of.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2021, 11:11:43 pm »
We all have our own POV.  I just think you hero is a loud obnoxious Yankee, who sadly happens to be the only choice we pretty much have  .  IF he gets the nomimation in 2024, I hold my nose and pull the lever again for him. 

But OTOH, I sure doesn't mean I  like him or admire him.

@catfish1957

"SO BLEEPING WHAT?" to both quotes in bold. Nobody is asking you to marry him,or even sleep with him.

AND.......,we are NOT looking for a prom date for your 17 year old daughter. What we are looking for is a hard-nosed,hard-headed SOB to be tough enough to become president and stand up to and defeat the freaking left.

If his limo were to break down outside my house I wouldn't let him in to make a phone call to a tow. I would be happy to make the call for him,but I wouldn't let him in my house.

Then again,I am looking for a tough-minded man to become president of the United States and defend us against "All enemies,foreign or domestic". It is NOT necessary for me to like him.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2021, 11:13:51 pm »
IMO, (FWIW) @rustynail there will be a growing drumbeat to replace Trump with DeSantis.  The GOP, orchestrating this, knows there's plenty of time to take out DeSantis once Trump's claim to the nomination has been erased or diminished. 

They may even feel strong enough to prevent DeSantis' reelection.  Two birds, one stone.

We're being played.

@Right_in_Virginia

Yup,to every word of it!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2021, 11:15:54 pm »
I suspect @Right_in_Virginia is correct, the nomination is Trump's if he wants it.

No one wants to be the next Mike Pence, or Rex Tillerson, or Jim Jeffords, or Reince Priebus, or Sean Spicer, or John Kelly, or Anthony Scaramucci, or Jim Mattis, or Bob Barr.  Everyone Trump touches turns to lead.

@HoustonSam

I have to admit I don't even want to be one of the originals. I have too much self-respect.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2021, 11:16:37 pm »
Good grief people, it's a freakin' straw poll that truly doesn't mean diddly squat! Peace.