Author Topic: Ron DeSantis Beats Donald Trump in Major, Grassroots 2024 Straw Poll  (Read 4701 times)

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Re: Ron DeSantis Beats Donald Trump in Major, Grassroots 2024 Straw Poll
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2021, 01:22:34 pm »
The deep staters are extremely stubborn in their intolerance and rejection of Trump, sad they are often just passive on Biden, and last election made it clear how that turns out !  America in jeopardy, but who cares about that ?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2021, 03:33:23 pm »

@Right_in_Virginia if you are reduced to this kind of fantasy straw man argument for Trump - "If we don't nominate him Liz Cheney will be the running mate" - then not only do you need a better hero than Trump, Trump needs a better advocate than you.

Rather than wasting people's time with hallucinations that literally no one believes, why don't you go back to your ground-breaking work on Trump's hagiography.  If you get it completed soon perhaps you can have a few of the world's major religions declare him "Venerable" in time for the primaries.

When you lose control of your passive-agression, you really get personally ugly @HoustonSam   -- twice now.   **nononono*

You keep insisting that America First/MAGA wins without Trump as the tip of the spear.  I keep reminding you that the establishment GOP spent six years stopping Trump's Amerca First policy iniatives while also trying to destroy the man.  They want both Trump AND his policies gone.  They are not going to permit a Trump wannabe to retake the Party.

You're so consumed with insulting me you miss the most important part:  I am presenting the unfeigned agenda of the establishment GOP.

If you get your wish for a wannabe instead of Trump... I promise you he or she will be destroyed by the establishment GOP before the first debate and they will run a ticket of their base ..... any combination of Romney, Cheney, Haley, Scott, Bush, Christie and if they could exhume him, McCain.

The establishment GOP understands the fight they're in, even if you do not.

Trump comes with a built-in 75+ milllion base, which he will grow over the next year  --- a base that is committed to America First and loyal to the man. The GOP cannot take him out.   In 2022 he will work to fill the Congress with MAGA Republicans in preparation for his retaking the White House in 2024. 

Donald Trump is the only one who can keep alive the policies you claim to support.

I hope this is clear enough for you to stop obessing over how next to insult me.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2021, 03:38:31 pm »
A reminder that this topic is about Ron DeSantis, not other Briefers.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2021, 04:50:07 pm »
Death to capitalism, lets all just learn to be satisfied with eating rats, and blame God for;  How could God have let this desolation happen!  First denials, then blame shift.  (Does even God know how clever we are)?  Its how those without morals or shame operate.

God gave us free will, some used it to elect a person that spit at God via several marriage affairs and flaunting a Playboy cover photo as a crowning achievement (remember he choose that himself to display after crowing about how he has a whole warehouse full of stuff about himself). This is a man that waved the Bible in one hand while holding his book in the other, but couldn't quote one verse out of the Bible when pressed and later when pressed presented a fake Bible verse as memorable.

Where exactly did Trump attend church at during his reign? Yeah, I didn't hear much about that either.

I get the feeling those that put Trump in a position of moral this or that have no idea what a moral line actually is. They have been grabbed by something and pulled along and seem to enjoy it.

Just to be clear, NY Values (Trump's term) of abortion and gun control and gay rights don't exactly jive with morals most of us in the south recognize.

The only thing (IMHO) electing Trump did was erase the moral high ground that most republicans could claim.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 04:54:57 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2021, 04:57:12 pm »
God gave us free will, some used it to elect a person that spit at God via several marriage affairs and flaunting a Playboy cover photo as a crowning achievement (remember he choose that himself to display after crowing about how he has a whole warehouse full of stuff about himself). This is a man that waved the Bible in one hand while holding his book in the other, but couldn't quote one verse out of the Bible when pressed and later when pressed presented a fake Bible verse as memorable.

Where exactly did Trump attend church at during his reign? Yeah, I didn't hear much about that either.

I get the feeling those that put Trump in a position of moral this or that have no idea what a moral line actually is. They have been grabbed by something and pulled along and seem to enjoy it.

Just to be clear, NY Values (Trump's term) of abortion and gun control and gay rights don't exactly jive with morals most of us in the south recognize.

The only thing (IMHO) electing Trump did was erase the moral high ground that most republicans could claim.
I must point out that showing up at church means little. The Clintons conspicuously went to church. Not sure what they did there, considering the nature of their actions in DC.

By their fruits ye shall know them.

I am often closest to God when I am not within 4 walls.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2021, 06:17:21 pm »
I must point out that showing up at church means little. The Clintons conspicuously went to church. Not sure what they did there, considering the nature of their actions in DC.

By their fruits ye shall know them.

I am often closest to God when I am not within 4 walls.

Well I allow some allowances now days... The public is so fickle that if you went to a Southern Baptist church one week you risk alienating the Methodist. So either it is private church or Milquetoast thus to appear neutral. Yeah, I do understand the politics of church attendance. Just as ole Joe tows the line of being a "Catholic" (generally considered "safe") and really doesn't fit the profile (we have seen the stories here at TBR). One of my fave politicians (you know who he is) was basically castrated with false allegations for having a moral line that conflicted with a basically godless society. Thus we have Trump waving a Gay Pride flag at one of his rallies (and some here turned a blind eye, just campaigning they said). Thus we had me thrown off of TOS due to pointing out Trump told Bruce Jenner he could use whatever restroom he wanted in Trump tower. Bruce did just that, went to the women's restroom and have the media cameras follow him.

Now I dump on Trump, but yes I did applaud things like returning the US embassy back to Jerusalem. Just I found Trump way lacking in the Christian morals backbone I want in a leader, and those that bring up "morals" don't really mean it in a way I understand "morals" to pertain. Now days morals means allegiance to some Conservative economic code which I found lacking too. But basically I was more concerned with flip flops on things like on debate suggesting dissolving Planned Parenthood (PP) and the next saying they did great things. There was basically no backbone on anything with a morality base. Things could be tied to a morality base, illegal immigration could be tied to the Bible saying bypassing the correct method to enter (sheep cloth) is wrong, but even during the election (first vs Clinton) Trump was vague on what he meant (even at one point suggesting just being deported outside border and reapplying). The Donald then latched on to the wall being built (which resounded well with his fans), a good idea, one I supported, but when push came to shove, and budget battles hit the point where he could of sent a signal he was serious he just signed (after threatening to not sign). To save face, he diverted money from his huge budget (where democrats got everything they wanted and more) to building the wall.

Fruits were a plenty.... look at the way Trump mocked those he fired. For what reason, to build himself up or to benefit the country? Pride, I stumble with it too, but Trump just kicked the stumbling block down the road to trip over it again. It probable cost him the election (along with the usual voter fraud). The state elections (for congress) did fairly well, but I didn't like how each candidate had to throw their anchor to latch on to Trump or they were labeled as traitors. My own state the winning candidate did nothing but cling to Trump, his checkered Rino past was ignored. Two solid proven Christian/conservatives (I could of voted for both of them) were bypassed.

What bitters my heart is perhaps my choice in a politician is now mostly ignored as unelectable. If one is not secular enough to fit in, they are ostracized. Heck locally the Rino governor vetted potential state legislators with a questionaire that asked them if they supported a "gas tax".... If they reported "no" (to the tax), they were denied GOP funds to help cover their expenses.  Why support a tax? Well it is easier than dealing with the illegal problem that sucks the coffers dry and eats up most the budget. The state's tit is like the federal tit, it shows no signs of being dissolved. Thus the incentive to flood the state with illegals continues.

I am disillusioned to say the least.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 06:24:00 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2021, 06:54:56 pm »

It's my understanding that the South would certainly understand the NY values Donald Trump was referring to.  He made them quite clear:  how NYers handled 911. 

After the debate, Trump spoke with passion of the blue collar guys who ran up hundreds and hundreds of stairs even as people were flocking down them ---  How hundreds of cops ran toward the burning buildings to help evacuate survivors; how firemen and construction crews dug for weeks through toxic debris -- often with their hands -- searching for any survivor and then any hint of the remains of the souls lost so their families would have something to bury....

The restaurants that opened to feed cops and firefighters free of charge, the NYers lined up to give blood, the church services, spontaneous applause for first responders when sighted by NYers on the streets --- and how the Mayor attended the funeral of every cop and firefighter killed.

For the man who lived and grew up there, "NY Values" meant community.

But somehow you missed all this @Sighlass and heard a defense of gay rights, abortion and gun control. 

I don't think the problem here is with Trump.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 07:12:56 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2021, 07:06:45 pm »
It's my understanding that the South would certainly understand the NY values Donald Trump was referring to.  He made them quite clear:  how NYers handled 911. 

Cruz coined the "New York Values" term, but Trump originated the idea here :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsOlXidHXRE

Note particularly 0:25 to 0:35, when Trump attributes his pro-choice position to being from New York, and when Trump said he would not ban partial birth abortion at the end of the clip.

When the subject later came up in debate during the 2016 primaries, Trump certainly handled it much better than Cruz.  Cruz should have been much better prepared for the inevitable question that came from Maria Bartiromo; his failure to see that one coming amounted to an unforced error and certainly disappointed me as a Cruz supporter.

And no, the South (at least my part of it) in no way understands the New York Values that Trump espoused in talking with Tim Russert.
James 1:20

« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2021, 07:21:20 pm »
Cruz is too sanctimonious for his own good....still is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM6qRl3dSME

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2021, 07:27:00 pm »
Cruz coined the "New York Values" term, but Trump originated the idea here :

Note particularly 0:25 to 0:35, when Trump attributes his pro-choice position to being from New York, and when Trump said he would not ban partial birth abortion at the end of the clip.

And no, the South (at least my part of it) in no way understands the New York Values that Trump espoused in talking with Tim Russert.

And yet Donald Trump is the only US President to actually do something about abortion rates in the world and separately in the US.

Go figure.   :shrug:

Offline HoustonSam

« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2021, 07:32:18 pm »

Yes, sometimes he is.

Maligning a public figure we dislike does not rebut an argument made with evidence.  Critical thinkers actually recognize it as an admission of failure.

Trump explained with unambiguous clarity that he was completely pro-choice, including partial birth abortion, because he was from New York.

Offline HoustonSam

« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2021, 07:36:52 pm »
And yet Donald Trump is the only US President to actually do something about abortion rates in the world and separately in the US.

Go figure.   :shrug:

I credit Trump for selecting Judges and Justices that, we can hope at least, will turn the tide on abortion law.  His record regarding public funding for Planned Parenthood is ambiguous.  Remember, I voted to re-elect him.

My point is simply about the origin and meaning of "New York Values."  The concept originated with Trump, and it did not flatter New Yorkers.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2021, 07:56:27 pm »
The record proves that keeping him at the tip of the spear could bless us with a second Pence.

TRUMP will pick Pence again or someone like him. His personnel judgement are terrible and the list is on going. DeSantis would be great but maybe the timing is not for him. Someone indicated the GOP will want DeSantis as the candidate to get TRUMP out of the road then concentrate on destroying DeSantis. Yes, IRENE that is the RINO GOP playbook. Do not have the answer but TRUMP/DeSantis would set DeSantis up for 8 year run. If TRUMP does not pick DeSantis as a VP look out he will pick a RINO who does not look the part until it counts like Traitor PENCE. :patriot:

« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2021, 08:10:55 pm »
I credit Trump for selecting Judges and Justices that, we can hope at least, will turn the tide on abortion law.  His record regarding public funding for Planned Parenthood is ambiguous.  Remember, I voted to re-elect him.

My point is simply about the origin and meaning of "New York Values."  The concept originated with Trump, and it did not flatter New Yorkers.

Yes, I got your point.  But I think it's rather meaningless when you see what Trump actually did as President.  One of our differences, for good or ill, is you tend to stick with words, I stick with action taken.

BTW, imagine the consequence if the GOP supported these iniatives while we had the three branches of government. 

Trump administration expands limits on global health funds tied to abortion
This is the strictest implementation of the so-called "Mexico City policy" yet.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-administration-expands-limits-global-health-funds-tied/story?id=61955061

There was nothing "ambiguous" about this:

Trump abortion restrictions effective immediately
Taxpayer-funded family planning clinics must stop referring women for abortions immediately, the Trump administration said Monday, declaring it will begin enforcing a new regulation hailed by religious conservatives and denounced by medical organizations and women’s rights groups.
https://apnews.com/article/e0bf2658969c482bb9addf40eb5bd667

Planned Parenthood just forfeited $60 million in federal funding so they don't have to comply with a rule that bans abortions
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-gag-rule-limits-abortion-2018-5

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2021, 08:18:16 pm »
How greatly and desperate does the democrats and deep state fear and despise Trump?  They false attacked President Trump for his entire term in office and beyond to this very day.  The deep state relentlessly calls upon its stooges, the ones out in the open, and the ones wearing sheeps clothing, Pretend Conservatives.  That's how desperately they are to defeat Trump, and make sure the Democrats get their dream of a one party rule, to rule over Americans like a all to typical THUGOCRACY so common of world socialist rule.  One tip off is they are relentless in attacking Trump and want to ignore the Biden, Bidens and how such are tearing this nation apart.  Fools are glad to be blind to this.  The useful fools and wicked will fall in the same ditch, and their fates will be a fear to those that knew them.
You can see the common thread of the deep state stooges,Trump will never be perfect enough, and ignore the horror of democrats rule that came from Trumps defeat.  Ignore reality, buy into the phony baloney spin!  Trash Trump give democrats a pass!  Biden is just starting to show you how bad this is going to get.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 08:23:51 pm by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2021, 08:18:22 pm »

After the debate, Trump spoke with passion of the blue collar guys who ran up hundreds and hundreds of stairs even as people were flocking down them ---  How hundreds of cops ran toward the burning buildings to help evacuate survivors; how firemen and construction crews dug for weeks through toxic debris -- often with their hands -- searching for any survivor and then any hint of the remains of the souls lost so their families would have something to bury....

The restaurants that opened to feed cops and firefighters free of charge, the NYers lined up to give blood, the church services, spontaneous applause for first responders when sighted by NYers on the streets --- and how the Mayor attended the funeral of every cop and firefighter killed.

For the man who lived and grew up there, "NY Values" meant community.

But somehow you missed all this @Sighlass and heard a defense of gay rights, abortion and gun control. 

I don't think the problem here is with Trump.

Some males have TDS.    :thumbsup:

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2021, 08:20:28 pm »
How greatly and desperate does the democrats and deep state fear and despise Trump?  They false attacked President Trump for his entire term in office and beyond to this very day.  The deep state relentlessly calls upon its stooges, the ones out in the open, and the ones wearing sheeps clothing, Pretend Conservatives.  That's how desperately they are to defeat Trump, and make sure the Democrats get their dream of a one party rule, to rule over Americans like a all to typical THUGOCRACY so common of world socialist rule.  One tip off is they are relentless in attacking Trump and want to ignore the Biden, Bidens and how such are tearing this nation apart.  Fools are glad to be blind to this.  The useful fools and wicked will fall in the same ditch, and their fates will be a fear to those that knew them.

TRUMP ENVY.  Now we have....biden.  SOME WOULD BE CALLED USEFUL IDIOTS.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2021, 08:32:35 pm »

.....and Trump is the ultimate meglomaniac, if we are tossing around personality disorders.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 08:34:52 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2021, 08:34:42 pm »

What bitters my heart is perhaps my choice in a politician is now mostly ignored as unelectable. If one is not secular enough to fit in, they are ostracized. Heck locally the Rino governor vetted potential state legislators with a questionaire that asked them if they supported a "gas tax".... If they reported "no" (to the tax), they were denied GOP funds to help cover their expenses.  Why support a tax? Well it is easier than dealing with the illegal problem that sucks the coffers dry and eats up most the budget. The state's tit is like the federal tit, it shows no signs of being dissolved. Thus the incentive to flood the state with illegals continues.

I am disillusioned to say the least.
I share those disillusions, believe me. Cruz had talked of the Wall well before the primaries, and Trump latched on to it. Some of his supporters went so far as to say Cruz 'stole' the idea from Trump, (somehow, some two years prior to the elections).

Funny, though, that whomever is put up as the GOP candidate will get votes, as the anti-communist, if nothing else, and those most lackluster performances were from "electable" compromises in position like Romney and McCain.
For a couple of decades I have called for someone to the right of center right, someone who, while naturally not perfect, represents a clear step in the right direction.  I think the Conservative electorate is ready for someone like that, we just need to see who can fulfill the role. 

Anyone is electable if people will vote for them, prvided the election is honestly conducted.
And yes, I believe Trump won in a landslide, and that the fraud (large and small utilizing every trick in the book) covered that up.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2021, 08:48:49 pm »
I share those disillusions, believe me. Cruz had talked of the Wall well before the primaries, and Trump latched on to it. Some of his supporters went so far as to say Cruz 'stole' the idea from Trump, (somehow, some two years prior to the elections).

Funny, though, that whomever is put up as the GOP candidate will get votes, as the anti-communist, if nothing else, and those most lackluster performances were from "electable" compromises in position like Romney and McCain.
For a couple of decades I have called for someone to the right of center right, someone who, while naturally not perfect, represents a clear step in the right direction.  I think the Conservative electorate is ready for someone like that, we just need to see who can fulfill the role. 

Anyone is electable if people will vote for them, prvided the election is honestly conducted.

And yes, I believe Trump won in a landslide, and that the fraud (large and small utilizing every trick in the book) covered that up.

BINGO!!!!! We need to ensure that systems are in place so that we have an election that is honestly conducted before we can even think about who would be the best nominee!     :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline HoustonSam

« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2021, 08:49:50 pm »
Yes, I got your point.  But I think it's rather meaningless when you see what Trump actually did as President.  One of our differences, for good or ill, is you tend to stick with words, I stick with action taken.

BTW, imagine the consequence if the GOP supported these iniatives while we had the three branches of government. 

There was nothing "ambiguous" about this:

Trump abortion restrictions effective immediately
Taxpayer-funded family planning clinics must stop referring women for abortions immediately, the Trump administration said Monday, declaring it will begin enforcing a new regulation hailed by religious conservatives and denounced by medical organizations and women’s rights groups.
https://apnews.com/article/e0bf2658969c482bb9addf40eb5bd667

Planned Parenthood just forfeited $60 million in federal funding so they don't have to comply with a rule that bans abortions
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-gag-rule-limits-abortion-2018-5

My point is not about Trump's effectiveness in working against abortion, it's about "New York Values"; if that was a slur, then it was a slur that originated with Trump.

Although much of his work on PP funding was to restore actions that had originated as far back as Reagan (such as the Mexico City policy), and his actions still left PP receiving some $500 million in taxpayer funds, Trump proved to be more sincere as a pro-life President than I had anticipated and I do credit him for that.

« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2021, 08:53:34 pm »
.....and Trump is the ultimate meglomaniac, if we are tossing around personality disorders.

Oh for cripes sake. All who think they're capable of running the United States and serving as leader of the free world has got to be a meglomanic to varying degrees. America demands it.   IOW, soy boys need not apply.  Just ask Jeb.   :laugh:

« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2021, 09:03:20 pm »
My point is not about Trump's effectiveness in working against abortion, it's about "New York Values"

Again, I got your point.  Now see if you can get mine: 

The guy from NY is the ONLY US President to take action against abortion worldwide and right here in the good ole USA.  You get stuck on words .... I applaud actions taken.   This is what usually separates us.

Now please, can you find another dead horse to beat?   happy77

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2021, 10:18:43 pm »
Guess where that torch is going if Trump's not at the top of the ticket:  Romney/Haley or Scott/Cheney ....

DeSantis, whom I like, won't even make it to the big boy's debate stage.

@Right_in_Virginia

Yup! If there is ONE thing you can always count on the RNC to do,it is cave and surrender to they don't make their Dim pals mad.

If Trump isn't at the top of the ticket,I ain't voting,period.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2021, 10:21:11 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Yup! If there is ONE thing you can always count on the RNC to do,it is cave and surrender to they don't make their Dim pals mad.

If Trump isn't at the top of the ticket,I ain't voting,period.

IMHO unless Ronna is replaced as head of the RNC, count on Mittens being the nominee.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.