Author Topic: Lindsey Graham: I Was ‘Beat on Every Day’ by Trump to Change Senate Rules  (Read 1380 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Lindsey Graham: I Was ‘Beat on Every Day’ by Trump to Change Senate Rules

Pam Key 20 Jun 2021

Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) said on this week’s broadcast of “Fox News Sunday” that he was “beat on every day” by former President Donald Trump and his allies to try to change the rules in the Senate.

On Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) voting bill compromise, anchor Chris Wallace said, “If Republicans kill — if you vote as it appears you’re going to, to kill the Manchin version of voting rights, you’ve already, Republicans, voted to kill the bipartisan January 6th commission looking into the insurrection at the Capitol, do you run the risk that Manchin and a couple of other moderate senators will eventually say, ‘Look, bipartisanship isn’t working, and you know what? We’re not going to kill the filibuster, but we’re going to reduce the number of votes you need to stop a debate from 60 to 55?’ Do you run that risk?”

Graham said, “I hope not because I was in Joe Manchin’s shoes.”

He continued, “When we had the House, the Senate, and the White House under President Trump, I had a bunch of Democrats wanting to sign a letter with me protecting the filibuster. Every one of those Democrats have fled for the hills. So I was beat on every day. Why don’t you give in and agree with President Trump to change the rules so we can get the Trump agenda through? I said, no, I don’t think it would be good for the country. Never once did I go to Joe Manchin or any other Democrat and say, if you don’t do some of the things I want, I’m going to agree with Trump to change the rules.”

Graham added, “I’m not going to be extorted here. I’m asking no more of my Democrat colleagues than I ask of myself. It was very unpleasant to be beat on every day by the president of the United States, President Trump, and his allies to try to change the rules in the Senate to have their way. I said no because it’s bad for the Senate. I hope these Democrats understand it’s bad for the Senate to change the rules.”

He concluded, “I didn’t do that to them. I wish they wouldn’t do that to me.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/06/20/lindsey-graham-i-was-beat-on-every-day-by-trump-to-change-senate-rules/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Cry me a river, Linseed.   :03:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
The HYPOCRISY! ?  Graham postures how he stood up to Trump daily, while the democrats were daily out to get Trumps hide nailed to the wall.  Wait for the mealy mouth excuses Graham has for letting the democrats have their way.
  What happened to your backbone of steel, Lindsey ?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online Right_in_Virginia

Online Right_in_Virginia

Online Right_in_Virginia

Online Right_in_Virginia

Online Right_in_Virginia

Online Right_in_Virginia

Online Right_in_Virginia

Online Right_in_Virginia

Online Right_in_Virginia

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia

goopo goopo goopo goopo goopo goopo goopo goopo goopo goopo goopo

Sorry.  Too much?  I'll delete them if you like. Just let me know @Cyber Liberty

Online libertybele

Well, there's a possibility....Trump/Scott ticket. 

As for Graham .... he to me has become irrelevant.  He goes whichever way the wind blows.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

The thread title is NOT CORRECT.  Anyway , THEY,  can blame POTUS TRUMP.  azzholes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
GOP senator warns of 'holy hell to pay' if Trump fires Sessions

BY JORDAIN CARNEY - 07/27/17 11:07 AM EDT 424

GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham (S.C.) is warning President Trump that any move to fire Attorney General Jeff Sessions will spark backlash from lawmakers.

"If Jeff Sessions is fired, there will be holy hell to pay," Graham told reporters on Thursday morning.

Graham added that Trump's public criticism of Sessions is an effort to "marginalize" and "humiliate" the attorney general. The president's actions aren't "going over well" with his former colleagues, according to the senior Republican senator.

Graham also warned Trump against firing special counsel Robert Mueller, who is investigating any potential connections between the Trump campaign and Russia. Graham warned it "could be the beginning of the end of the Trump presidency."

Trump has stepped up his public criticism of Sessions, a former GOP senator and his first public supporter in the Senate. He has also warned that Mueller has multiple conflicts of interest that threaten his investigation.
In Trump's latest tweets venting his frustration on Wednesday morning, he questioned why Sessions didn't fire acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe — who has been a target of Trump's dating back to his presidential campaign.

Trump is reportedly considering trying to replace Sessions using a recess appointment, according to The Washington Post.

********Democrats have pledged to block any move by requiring the Senate to have pro-forma sessions throughout the August recess.*******

Graham added that if Trump wanted to fire Sessions he should use his authority to do so but should be ready to "accept the consequences."
Sessions, who served in the Senate for decades, is largely supported by his former GOP colleagues amid his escalating feud with the president.

****Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), the chairman of the Judiciary Committee, warned on Wednesday night that his panel would not take up an attorney general nomination this year — a move that could effectively stonewall Trump if he fires Sessions.****

Graham echoed Grassley's pledge, saying there would not be a confirmation hearing for another attorney general in 2017.

Online libertybele

The thread title is NOT CORRECT.  Anyway , THEY,  can blame POTUS TRUMP.  azzholes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
GOP senator warns of 'holy hell to pay' if Trump fires Sessions

BY JORDAIN CARNEY - 07/27/17 11:07 AM EDT 424

GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham (S.C.) is warning President Trump that any move to fire Attorney General Jeff Sessions will spark backlash from lawmakers.

"If Jeff Sessions is fired, there will be holy hell to pay," Graham told reporters on Thursday morning.

Graham added that Trump's public criticism of Sessions is an effort to "marginalize" and "humiliate" the attorney general. The president's actions aren't "going over well" with his former colleagues, according to the senior Republican senator.

Graham also warned Trump against firing special counsel Robert Mueller, who is investigating any potential connections between the Trump campaign and Russia. Graham warned it "could be the beginning of the end of the Trump presidency."

Trump has stepped up his public criticism of Sessions, a former GOP senator and his first public supporter in the Senate. He has also warned that Mueller has multiple conflicts of interest that threaten his investigation.
In Trump's latest tweets venting his frustration on Wednesday morning, he questioned why Sessions didn't fire acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe — who has been a target of Trump's dating back to his presidential campaign.

Trump is reportedly considering trying to replace Sessions using a recess appointment, according to The Washington Post.

********Democrats have pledged to block any move by requiring the Senate to have pro-forma sessions throughout the August recess.*******

Graham added that if Trump wanted to fire Sessions he should use his authority to do so but should be ready to "accept the consequences."
Sessions, who served in the Senate for decades, is largely supported by his former GOP colleagues amid his escalating feud with the president.

****Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), the chairman of the Judiciary Committee, warned on Wednesday night that his panel would not take up an attorney general nomination this year — a move that could effectively stonewall Trump if he fires Sessions.****

Graham echoed Grassley's pledge, saying there would not be a confirmation hearing for another attorney general in 2017.

Well, one thing that we agree on @LegalAmerican  Jeff Sessions sold his soul to the DEMS!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

He continued, “When we had the House, the Senate, and the White House under President Trump, I had a bunch of Democrats wanting to sign a letter with me protecting the filibuster. Every one of those Democrats have fled for the hills. So I was beat on every day. Why don’t you give in and agree with President Trump to change the rules so we can get the Trump agenda through? I said, no, I don’t think it would be good for the country. Never once did I go to Joe Manchin or any other Democrat and say, if you don’t do some of the things I want, I’m going to agree with Trump to change the rules.”

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Sorry.  Too much?  I'll delete them if you like. Just let me know @Cyber Liberty

Getouttahere!  I like them.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

First of all, why would anyone go to Lindsey Graham?  He wasn't a member of the Senate Rules committee.  And second, why would Lindsey Graham entertain the idea that Democrats would play fair?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

First of all, why would anyone go to Lindsey Graham?  He wasn't a member of the Senate Rules committee.  And second, why would Lindsey Graham entertain the idea that Democrats would play fair?

Beat on every day by Trump; gee ... are we supposed to feel sorry for him???

Offline LegalAmerican

News only goes to RINOS...for stories if it has ANY negative thing to say about POTUS TRUMP. LINDSEY was one of the GANG OF EIGHT.  The theory was 4 dems & 4 republicans. It actually was ALL DEMS.  LINDSEY, MCCAIN, FLAKE, RUBIO.;
ALL WANTED ILLEGALS in our country and give them money.....like now. 

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Sounds like little Lyndsey is trying to butch up again, I don't know for who, neither conservative or the wharf rats give a damn for what he's selling.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Its kind of refreshing to see confessions of RINO's that aided and abetted democrats severe intolerance and OBSTRUCTION to a Republican President while in office, admitting to helping the democrats take over then and there after, as you can easily see what that got us, Biden.  Graham hates people calling him traitor, doesn't mind being a traitor, but hates being called a traitor.  THAT'S A MODERN DAY POLITICIAN and sure resembles a deep staters politics.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions