Author Topic: Missouri gov, AG fire back at Biden DOJ over 'federal overreach' on 2nd Amendment rights  (Read 491 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
 Fox News By Evie Fordham 6/18/2021

Missouri gov, attorney general fire back at Biden DOJ over 'federal overreach' on 2nd Amendment rights

DOJ says that Missouri's law 'conflicts with federal firearms laws and regulation'

Missouri Gov. Mike Parson and and state Attorney General (AG) Eric Schmitt fired back on Thursday after the Justice Department (DOJ) sent a warning to the state over Parson's recent bill he said protects residents' Second Amendment rights.

"Missouri is not attempting to nullify federal law," Parson and Schmitt wrote in a letter to Acting Assistant Attorney General Brian Boynton of DOJ's Civil Division. "Instead, Missouri is defending its people from federal government overreach by prohibiting state and local law enforcement agencies from being used by the federal government to infringe Missourians’ right to keep and bear arms."

"Missourians’ and Americans’ Second Amendment rights are enshrined in the Constitution – I will defend those rights at every turn," AG Schmitt said in a statement. "Our letter to Biden’s Department of Justice sends a clear message: we will fight any attempts from the federal government to encroach on Missourians’ Second Amendment rights."

More: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/missouri-governor-biden-justice-department-guns-federal

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So, Garland's acting pizzed because MO won't allow State and Local authorities to assist the Feds in violating the rights of law abiding citizens?

Where have I read about other States doing that very thing about Immigration laws?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

"....we will fight any attempts from the federal government to encroach on Missourians’ Second Amendment rights."

They've got a heck of a fight on their hands ... let's hope they win. Could this go all the way to SCOTUS? If so, I'm not counting on our SCOTUS to act in accordance with the Constitution.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
bele opined:
"They've got a heck of a fight on their hands ... let's hope they win. Could this go all the way to SCOTUS? If so, I'm not counting on our SCOTUS to act in accordance with the Constitution."

As I've posted before.
These states that are attempting to stand up against the communist/federals for their 2nd Amendment rights... had better be prepared to defend their determination with "gunsmoke". Because when push comes to shove, that's what's going to be used by the communists.

When the federal troops are heading towards your state... what are you going to do about it ???