Author Topic: Ron Johnson booed at Juneteenth celebration in Wisconsin  (Read 264 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ron Johnson booed at Juneteenth celebration in Wisconsin
« on: June 20, 2021, 02:03:28 pm »
Ron Johnson booed at Juneteenth celebration in Wisconsin
By Caroline Vakil - 06/19/21 08:03 PM EDT

Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wisc.) was met with boos while attending a Juneteenth celebration on Saturday in Milwaukee, Wisc., WDJT reported.

According to WDJT, the Republican senator was heckled by crowd members while speaking to reporters.

https://twitter.com/victorjacobo_/status/1406317327096991753

At one point during the video, a bystander can be heard saying "We don't need you out here."

The resistance to Johnson comes after the lawmaker issued a statement objecting to making Juneteenth a nationally recognized holiday earlier this week.

“Last year, a bill was introduced to celebrate Juneteenth by providing an additional paid holiday for 2 million federal employees at a cost of $600 million per year. They attempted to pass the bill without debate or amendment process,” Johnson said.

“Although I strongly support celebrating Emancipation, I objected to the cost and lack of debate.  While it still seems strange that having taxpayers provide federal employees paid time off is now required to celebrate the end of slavery, it is clear that there is no appetite in Congress to further discuss the matter. Therefore, I do not intend to object,” he added.

However, the senator later dropped his objection.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/559279-ron-johnson-booed-at-juneteenth-celebration-in-wisconsin
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
Re: Ron Johnson booed at Juneteenth celebration in Wisconsin
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2021, 02:11:23 pm »
The George Floyd statue in New Jersey indicates that Juneteenth will not be a celebration of the end of slavery, rather a general celebration of wokeness.  The historical context is merely a weaponizing pseudo-moral veneer, used to prohibit any critical thought or debate.

This will not end until intellectually honest people stop recoiling in fear from the charge of "racism" and trying to argue that we're not racists.  The effective response is "I don't care what you call me" and to immediately stay on the offensive with unrelenting and unapologetic critical thought.
James 1:20

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Ron Johnson booed at Juneteenth celebration in Wisconsin
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2021, 10:28:58 pm »
Sam wrote:
"The George Floyd statue in New Jersey indicates that juneteenth will not be a celebration of the end of slavery, rather a general celebration of wokeness."

No, Sam.
What juneteenth will become "a celebration of" is black savagery and lawlessness, as an excuse to lash out with their most sullen and outrageous behavior against whites, and whoever else happens to be in their way at the moment...