Author Topic: There’s Nothing New About the Effort to Propagandize the Military By Clarice Feldman  (Read 57 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
June 20, 2021
There’s Nothing New About the Effort to Propagandize the Military
By Clarice Feldman

More years ago than I care to remember, I was a college intern working on Capitol Hill. As part of our experience, various members of Congress came to speak to us. One of them as I recall was Strom Thurmond, at that time the Democratic senator from South Carolina, and a strong segregationist. He was pushing his plan to propagandize the military in something he called “Americanism.” Most of the interns in my class were well-socialized kids from northeast colleges like Yale and Mount Holyoke and such and they listened politely without objection. I wasn’t. I said I could understand how you could propagandize Soviet troops in Marxism, but except for basic civics lessons, there was such a broad range of views on what were the appropriate policies to follow, it seemed to me that what he was really promoting was a plan to convert the military to his own political views. He was angered by the dissent and said he thought there probably were far left people in that very room, glaring at me when he said it. In any event his plan failed. (The next near brush I had with him was when we moved into a cooperative apartment building where both he and Hubert Humphrey were also owners. The first day we moved in I was taken aside by the older women residents. ”Never get into an elevator with Strom, they warned.”)

At the moment, under claims of diversity and using the preposterous Critical Race Theory, this administration is trying to propagandize the military, and it is clear the plan is to demonize Donald J. Trump, Republicans, and white people. And while it looks momentarily like they are succeeding in this plan, there is every evidence that Americans will not put up with this much longer. There’s good reason not to. It’s impossible to imagine anything more likely to destroy the cohesion military operations need to succeed. Nor can I see how any program can do more to destroy the morale of the troops than this does.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/06/theres_nothing_new_about_the_effort_to_propagandize_the_military.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34