Author Topic: Squad goals: Ocasio-Cortez warns Biden patience is wearing thin  (Read 700 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Te Guardian by David Smith 6/20/2021

Cold reality intrudes on Biden’s first few months as leftist Democrats frustrated with president’s agenda stalling in Congress

hey were pointed questions, not personal criticisms. But they will have conveyed a warning to Joe Biden that the patience of the left of the Democratic party and its leaders in ‘the Squad’ of progressive politicians is not infinite.

“Are we passing the deal that helps working people the most?” asked Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the firebrand New York congresswoman and best known member of the squad. “Are we passing the deal that makes the most jobs? Are we passing a deal that brings down the most climate emissions? Are we passing a deal that raises wages and actually improves our infrastructure for the next generation?”

Ocasio-Cortez’s appearance on the influential TV program Morning Joe last week came with the US president weeks into negotiations with Republicans over a massive infrastructure spending package – and apparently little to show for it.

The squad and others on the left of the party have remained broadly supportive of Biden as he seeks to restore an era of bipartisan cooperation. But with his agenda stalling on Capitol Hill, frustrations are mounting and threatening to crack the facade of Democratic unity.

More: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jun/20/democrats-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-squad-congress

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Squad goals: Ocasio-Cortez warns Biden patience is wearing thin
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2021, 01:08:22 pm »
Ocasio-Cortez’s appearance on the influential TV program Morning Joe

:silly: :silly: :silly:

Damn the Bee out did themselves on this one!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2021, 05:50:06 pm »
... Democrats frustrated with president’s agenda stalling in Congress..

C'mon Joe, if you were doing your job America wouldn't exist by now !
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2021, 06:35:23 pm »
".... frustrations are mounting and threatening to crack the facade of Democratic unity....."

Democratic unity is what has continued to make the party succeed. Ironically that unity may be splintering because of the far left. Perhaps that's a good thing?? OR perhaps we'll see more politicians elected that are further to the left, once again unifying the party, which would be a complete disaster for the U.S.

The GOP is pretty much dead as far as conservatism goes and there can't be any compromise on conservatism. So the GOPe may have to make a decision; either veer to the right and start voting along party lines or follow the far leftists.  I am hopeful for a shift to the right, but I am very doubtful.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2021, 07:15:54 pm »
".... frustrations are mounting and threatening to crack the facade of Democratic unity....."

Democratic unity is what has continued to make the party succeed. Ironically that unity may be splintering because of the far left. Perhaps that's a good thing?? OR perhaps we'll see more politicians elected that are further to the left, once again unifying the party, which would be a complete disaster for the U.S.

The GOP is pretty much dead as far as conservatism goes and there can't be any compromise on conservatism. So the GOPe may have to make a decision; either veer to the right and start voting along party lines or follow the far leftists.  I am hopeful for a shift to the right, but I am very doubtful.
I share your doubts.
The historical pattern is that the Left doubles down, and the GOP meets them half way, making "bipartisan" strides in exactly the wrong direction.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2021, 10:18:19 pm »
Folks here love to laugh about the occasional communist.

But I live in Western Connecticut, and on weeknights I put on the local ABC station in New York to watch Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune.

Nearly all the addspace in these two timeslots is being bought by candidates for the NY demo-communist mayoral primary (and a few other offices).

There are many of these candidates who are going out of their way to present their "endorsements" by AOC and Elizabeth Warren, amongst others. In New York, if you're running for demo-communist office, it's a big selling point.

Of course, I keep the sound turned off for all the commercials. I couldn't stand to listen to that tripe.

But laugh all you want at the occasional communist.
She remains a force to be reckoned with in The Party...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2021, 05:27:19 am »
Folks here love to laugh about the occasional communist.

But I live in Western Connecticut, and on weeknights I put on the local ABC station in New York to watch Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune.

Nearly all the addspace in these two timeslots is being bought by candidates for the NY demo-communist mayoral primary (and a few other offices).

There are many of these candidates who are going out of their way to present their "endorsements" by AOC and Elizabeth Warren, amongst others. In New York, if you're running for demo-communist office, it's a big selling point.

Of course, I keep the sound turned off for all the commercials. I couldn't stand to listen to that tripe.

But laugh all you want at the occasional communist.
She remains a force to be reckoned with in The Party...

No one who singlehandedly caused the death of the Blonde Joke is to be taken lightly.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2021, 06:51:50 pm »
Folks here love to laugh about the occasional communist....

She is a full time communist, occasional cortex is a better description.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2021, 06:57:38 pm »

:beer:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2021, 08:47:40 pm »

Agree!