General Category > Military/Defense News

Pregnant soldier given pointless duty sitting in armory as unit conducts training

<< < (5/5)

AARguy:
I'm so old that I remember when we worried about enemy intentions, capabilities and actions. We actually worried about national security, winning in combat, and victory. I'm glad we now prioritize the really important stuff about war... how we can win, how we can kill the bad guys, and how we can survive is really all about pregnancy.

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: AARguy on June 21, 2021, 08:07:38 pm ---I'm so old that I remember when we worried about enemy intentions, capabilities and actions. We actually worried about national security, winning in combat, and victory. I'm glad we now prioritize the really important stuff about war... how we can win, how we can kill the bad guys, and how we can survive is really all about pregnancy.

--- End quote ---

@AARguy

It really is absolutely stunning that there ACTUALLY senior field grade officers in the United States Army that have nothing to concern themselves with and take up their time than a pregnant female soldier on temporary light duty.

They had better be VEWWY,VEWWY grateful that *I* am not the one that writes up their fitness reports.

Anybody THAT petty and anal doesn't deserve to be in a position of command responsibility because frankly,he or she isn't up to it.

And when I write "command responsibility" I mean EVERY rank from Corporal up to 4 star General.

Frankly,I am beginning to be ashamed to tell people that I was a career NCO in the US Army.

rangerrebew:
@sneakypete

It's just like after 9/11.  Everyone had a flag and feeling so patriotic.  Now on the street where I live, I'm the only one who flies the American Flag everyday.  Almost every day I wear something that clearly shows I am as patriotic as ever, or I am a Viet Nam Vet, or at least ex-military.  I am proud of my service and my country and refuse to be cowed by all the people who flew the flag on 9/12 now are "woke" and hate their country.  So do, apparently, many of the top tier officers.  We both know what countries without freedom are like; of which  so many "woke" people have no concept of.  And I will continue to be proud of my service and this country until I'm doing the great dirt nap. :amen:

Cyber Liberty:

--- Quote from: rangerrebew on June 22, 2021, 11:10:21 am ---@sneakypete

It's just like after 9/11.  Everyone had a flag and feeling so patriotic.  Now on the street where I live, I'm the only one who flies the American Flag everyday.  Almost every day I wear something that clearly shows I am as patriotic as ever, or I am a Viet Nam Vet, or at least ex-military.  I am proud of my service and my country and refuse to be cowed by all the people who flew the flag on 9/12 now are "woke" and hate their country.  So do, apparently, many of the top tier officers.  We both know what countries without freedom are like; of which  so many "woke" people have no concept of.  And I will continue to be proud of my service and this country until I'm doing the great dirt nap. :amen:

--- End quote ---

You are of a class of folks who have kept us free, and it's never enough to say, "Thank you for your service."  We would not even be in this battle we're fighting today.

@rangerrebew

rangerrebew:
@Cyber Liberty

Thanks for compliment.  Every time I get down about the country I think of  a sweatshirt I have which states: "My oath of enlistment has no expiration date."  I think it's something the SecDef and Chief of the Joint Chiefs need to think about.  :patriot:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version