General Category > Shooting Sports

Smith & Wesson CEO gives grim insight into future of ammo shortage

<< < (2/2)

libertybele:

--- Quote from: Sighlass on June 20, 2021, 11:51:13 pm ---I could kick myself for giving mine (shorter 4 1/2 barrow) to a nephew that didn't have the sense God gave him... (he sold it).... Painful to think about now.

--- End quote ---

Well, when my parents divorced my mother sold several of my Dad's hunting rifles in a garage sale; some had been in the family for quite awhile.  Sheer spite! 

GtHawk:

--- Quote from: libertybele on June 21, 2021, 12:33:52 am ---Well, when my parents divorced my mother sold several of my Dad's hunting rifles in a garage sale; some had been in the family for quite awhile.  Sheer spite!

--- End quote ---
After My FIL passed all his guns went to his son, who also got the house when his mom passed. What did the three daughters get you ask? Some beat up old furniture and some dishes. Don't get me started on Midwest values, and don't get me wrong It's not that I'm greedy or jealous, I'm outraged that three children got the proverbial shaft because they were girls.

Oh yeah the discussion turned to guns, my FIL had his service 1911 which was in good shape because he was a bomber pilot trainer and never saw combat, numerous hunting rifles from 30-30 to 30-06 and 25-06 and a really sweet Ruger mark one with a very light trigger competition walnut grips and a compensator...put em in the Xring every time. Who knows the way my BIL takes care of himself, diabetic and at least 125# overweight, the two older sisters might get their share after all.

mountaineer:
After my father's death, my mother had his U.S. Navy-issued High-Standard. For a while, my alcoholic clinically depressed brother was taking it to an indoor range occasionally. I cautioned my mother that someone as depressed and mentally unbalanced as he probably shouldn't have access to a firearm. When she passed, one of the first things I did was grab that gun. No red flag law needed.

mountaineer:

--- End quote ---

https://twitter.com/CNBCTheExchange/status/1409960201818722304

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version