Author Topic: Burgess Owens: July 4 and Juneteenth Are a ‘Celebration of Freedom’ – We Can Celebrate Both  (Read 314 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Burgess Owens: July 4 and Juneteenth Are a ‘Celebration of Freedom’ – We Can Celebrate Both

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je58sCHHyrU&t=133s

Ian Hanchett 19 Jun 2021

On Friday’s broadcast of the Fox Business Network’s “Cavuto: Coast to Coast,” Rep. Burgess Owens (R-UT) stated that both Juneteenth and July 4 are celebrations of freedom, and “July 4 is Independence Day for all Americans. … Juneteenth is another celebration.”

Owens said, “My goal is to bring us together, and I look forward today where I can — we can celebrate Juneteenth [and the] Emancipation Proclamation, the time that that occurred and also celebrate July 4 as a celebration for all Americans, black and white. Because we all paid the price to get to where we are, and blacks paid the price during the Revolutionary War, to make sure we won that war also.”

He added that July 4 and Juneteenth are both a “celebration of freedom. But we have to keep in mind that July 4 is Independence Day for all Americans. I don’t care who we are, what background, and every culture has paid the price to make sure that that means something. Juneteenth is another celebration. It’s a celebration of freedom for the black community and it’s something that we have embraced across our country.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/06/19/burgess-owens-july-4-and-juneteenth-are-a-celebration-of-freedom-we-can-celebrate-both/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Juneteenth is a fake holiday recently contrived to keep the subject of slavery in the public forum.

That, and all of the other new, fake holidays are meant to scratch the scab off of the same wound every year.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Completely agreed, skeeter.

I will never defer to juneteeth (and henceforth will never capitalize it in my posts), no moreso than I do to that other fake holiday known as martin luther king day...