Author Topic: Deloitte tells staff they can work from home forever {UK}  (Read 768 times)

Offline thackney

Deloitte tells staff they can work from home forever {UK}
« on: June 19, 2021, 01:16:46 pm »
Deloitte tells staff they can work from home forever
https://www.cityam.com/deloitte-tells-staff-they-can-work-from-home-forever/
18 June 2021

Staff working at Deloitte will be able to work wherever they want when Covid restrictions are eased and work from home guidance is scrapped.

Staff at the Big Four firm will not be obligated to work from the office for a minimum number of days per week, as has been a typical response of Deloitte’s competitors. 

Some 15,000 Deloitte staff responded to an internal survey about the future of work at the Big Four firm, with more than 80 per cent of those saying they expected to work from a Deloitte office for two days or fewer per week.

More than 90 per cent of Deloitte’s workforce said ‘choice’ and ‘flexibility’ should be at the heart of how the business operates in future....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Victoria33

Re: Deloitte tells staff they can work from home forever {UK}
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2021, 01:27:30 pm »
@thackney

My future daughter-in-law, works for "Stop the Traffik", in London (they misspell it on purpose).  It is an international human trafficking organization.  She has been working at home since March of 2020, over a year.  She thinks it will stay this way after the UK lifts restrictions they now have.  She thinks she will have to go into London to the office maybe twice a week.  She lives in Wales.

Offline thackney

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2021, 01:32:51 pm »
@Victoria33

I have been interviewing with a large company that still has not returned to the office.  They are in southern Brazoria county so this surprised me being in that area.  Much of everything else is back to life before covid.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2021, 01:44:31 pm »
Bro-in-law works tech for a major retailer in Minneapolis. They're tired of the crap and are moving out to the rural areas. He's negotiating right now with the company to be able to work at home at least 90% of the time.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2021, 01:58:11 pm »
@Victoria33

I have been interviewing with a large company that still has not returned to the office.  They are in southern Brazoria county so this surprised me being in that area.  Much of everything else is back to life before covid.
@thackney

I know Brazoria county and towns there.  It is Southwest of Montgomery County where my house is.
I wonder if there is some special something they have with the virus that other counties do not have?  I'll check that out right now on the web and report if I do or do not find anything.

Offline thackney

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2021, 02:00:02 pm »
@thackney

I know Brazoria county and towns there.  It is Southwest of Montgomery County where my house is.
I wonder if there is some special something they have with the virus that other counties do not have?  I'll check that out right now on the web and report if I do or do not find anything.

I live in brazoria county.  As I said, it is mostly back to life before Covid.  Rarely see anyone with a mask on.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2021, 03:22:48 pm »
Deloitte better be prepared for the possibility of work-at-home people not actually doing work. Yahoo! - 10 years ago - looked into employees who claimed to work at home and found that more than a few had not even logged in on their computers on days they claimed they work.

CA’s rules on “essential” companies and workers have always been fairly loose. So engineers for a computer company - such as me - that has customers in the medical field qualified as “essential workers”. Albeit with masks, I’ve been working in-building full-time for over a year, and split time between home and office before that.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2021, 03:48:59 pm »
I live in brazoria county.  As I said, it is mostly back to life before Covid.  Rarely see anyone with a mask on.
@thackney

I examined Brazoria's government website.  There is nothing unusual about their condition regarding covid.
I lived in League City for 16 years, so was not far away from Brazoria county.