Author Topic: Tropical Storm Claudette Forms Over Louisiana; Flash Flood Threat Continues Through Father's Day Wee  (Read 574 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The Weather Channel 6/19/2021

Tropical Storm Claudette Forms Over Louisiana; Flash Flood Threat Continues Through Father's Day Weekend

At a Glance

•   Tropical Storm Claudette formed in southern Louisiana early Saturday.

•   This system will bring a threat of heavy rain and flooding to the Deep South into this weekend.

•   Storm surge, high surf and rip currents will also be threats at the coast.

Tropical Storm Claudette formed over Louisiana earlier this morning and continues to pose a threat of flooding rain across the Southeast this Father's Day weekend. This system could also contribute to coastal flooding, dangerous rip currents and gusty winds.

Tropical storm conditions continue in southeastern Louisiana and these winds will spread along portions of the northern Gulf Coast and tropical storm warnings have been issued from east of Morgan City, Louisiana, to the Okaloosa/Walton county line. This warning includes New Orleans and Mobile.

Claudette formed early Saturday morning as it was moving through southern Louisiana.

The storm is now north of New Orleans and will gradually move northeastward while weakening.

More: https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/news/2021-06-19-tropical-storm-claudette-forms-over-louisiana-flash-flood-threat

Offline Victoria33

@Elderberry

When I hear "Tropical Storm", or "Hurricane" and "Gulf Coast", I am glued to that until it will no longer affect Texas..  Any storm coming near Galveston, Texas, will head to my house north of Houston.  I do not have to worry about this one - when is the next one in the Gulf Coast??  September and October is when the "big ones" tend to show up.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Tropical storms named Claudette will always remind me of the 1979 TS Claudette that stalled over us and dropped a record 42 inches in a 24hr period over Alvin, which was a record for years.