Author Topic: DeSantis Trounces the CDC in Big Court Win on Cruise Ships  (Read 1406 times)

Online libertybele

DeSantis Trounces the CDC in Big Court Win on Cruise Ships
« on: June 19, 2021, 12:00:16 am »
DeSantis Trounces the CDC in Big Court Win on Cruise Ships

There haven’t been many politicians willing to stand up for what’s right during this pandemic.

But one who has is Gov. Ron DeSantis. He’s stood strong and won on multiple issues including recently on mask mandates, with the Court of Appeals finding the mask mandate unconstitutional.

Now, he’s got another important constitutional win just in, on behalf of the cruise ships, his state of Florida, and all Americans.

A federal court judge threw out the CDC rules that kept cruise ships on an indefinite lockdown, saying the rules could only remain in place until July 18, granting DeSantis’ request for a preliminary injunction to stop the lockdown after that point. The court said that the CDC had until July 2; if they wished to come up with a narrower injunction in regard to rules, that would still allow the ships to sail. But the CDC had to prove what they intended to impose on the ships was supported by science and show their methodology.

The decision also held that Florida was very likely to win on the merits of the case, and there was an imminent threat of irreparable injury to Florida, which is why they granted the preliminary injunction after July 18.

Can we say complete and utter, huge win for DeSantis?.................

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2021/06/18/desantis-trounces-the-cdc-in-big-court-win-on-cruise-ships-n398893
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dfwgator

Re: DeSantis Trounces the CDC in Big Court Win on Cruise Ships
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2021, 12:29:24 am »
We so need this man in the White House.  I hope Trump understands this.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2021, 12:51:04 am »

We also need him as governor.  Conservatives are NEVER going to win this fight from the top down right now.  We need to build a strong conservative foundation from the bottom up.  TX and FL are pretty well set and we especially need that leverage.

It is unfortunate that we don't have many true conservatives to fill the office of the presidency.  Pompeo/Greene perhaps?

I think Trump' age is a concern and I just don't see him running again.  Perhaps Trump as governor of FL and DeSantis in the WH?     

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2021, 02:09:47 am »

Yes, Trump should pick him for VP.

The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2021, 01:12:18 pm »
Yes, Trump should pick him for VP.

Amen.
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2021, 06:57:51 pm »
This was predictable. Tyrannocrats don't give up power easily:

CDC reignites cruise fight with Florida after judge rules the agency's restrictions were excessive

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/cdc-reignites-fight-florida-after-judge-rules-agency-cant-regulate-cruises

The court battle between the CDC and Florida over the cruise industry continued Tuesday as the agency filed to appeal to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, nearly three weeks after a lower court judge ruled that the federal government's restrictions on the industry were excessive.

"Despite an improving public health outlook in many parts of the country, the United States remains in the midst of a once-in-a-century pandemic that has killed over six hundred thousand Americans and nearly four million people worldwide," lawyers for the federal government wrote in a motion for a stay of the lower court's ruling on Tuesday.

"The Conditional Sailing Order ('CSO') is an important tool in ensuring that cruise ship operations do not exacerbate the spread of dangerous variants during this inflection point in the pandemic."
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online corbe

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2021, 07:18:27 pm »
   Why didn't (Floridian transplant) Allen West run against John Cornyn?  I'm skeptical of any Floridian (except you @libertybele ) now.

*OK, I'll admit I'm a Cruzer.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline berdie

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2021, 08:42:08 pm »
   Why didn't (Floridian transplant) Allen West run against John Cornyn?  I'm skeptical of any Floridian (except you @libertybele ) now.

I agree @corbe . He could take Cornyn on and win handily (carpetbagger or not). UNLESS Abbott has an alternative office he is running for...I don't predict success.

*#CruzerFan. :laugh:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2021, 08:55:11 pm »

Cornyn was just re-elected in 2020 (without MY vote I'll assure you) and doesn't come up again until 2026.

@corbe @berdie
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2021, 09:10:56 pm »
   Allen West has been in Garland, Tx since January 2015, plenty of time to setup a run against Cornyn.  He instead choose to run for TX GOP Leader in July 2019. 

Allen West’s final days as state GOP chair filled with intraparty drama

With only days before he steps down from the helm of the state GOP, West is embroiled in a fight with his vice chair and under attack by county GOP chairs.

BY PATRICK SVITEK JULY 7, 2021 20 HOURS AGO

Allen West’s final days as Texas GOP chair are ending with an explosion of the kind of intraparty drama he has become known for throughout his tenure.

On Wednesday, long-simmering tensions between West and the party’s vice chair, Cat Parks, boiled over as he called her a “cancer” and “delusional and apparently deranged” amid a dispute over a party committee project. Parks is a cancer survivor.

A day earlier, a group of county party chairs called for West’s immediate removal as state party leader, alleging an “outrageous conflict of interest” given that he is now running for governor. West announced last month that he was stepping down as Texas GOP chair, but it is not effective until Sunday, when the State Republican Executive Committee is set to elect his successor.

<..snip..>

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/07/07/allen-west-texas-gop/

I know it's Texas Tribune and they have an axe to grind but I still wonder (particularly now) about the motives in Texas of Col. Allen West going after Abbott.   @Bigun
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline berdie

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2021, 09:29:17 pm »
Cornyn was just re-elected in 2020 (without MY vote I'll assure you) and doesn't come up again until 2026.

@corbe @berdie

Correct, as always, @Bigun . 5 years isn't that far away. It might be he should keep his powder dry until then. Unless he is a stalking horse (hope not) or unless Abbott is moving on I don't see the benefit to him. I know some folks have soured on Abbott, but I'm not one of them.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2021, 10:02:01 pm »

Correct, as always, @Bigun . 5 years isn't that far away. It might be he should keep his powder dry until then. Unless he is a stalking horse (hope not) or unless Abbott is moving on I don't see the benefit to him. I know some folks have soured on Abbott, but I'm not one of them.

The way he handled the "pandemic" was too much for me @berdie and I'll never vote for him again because of that.

My own personal opinion is that West is indeed a stalking horse for Abbott.  They are very afraid of Don Huffines a man with an actual record of conservatism.

Unless something drastically changes between now and next March, I will be casting my vote for Don in the primary.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2021, 10:26:17 pm »
Abbott challenger accuses Texas governor of being Republican in name only

Former state Sen. Don Huffines (R), who is waging a bid against Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) for the party’s gubernatorial nomination, took on the sitting governor on Sunday, calling him a Republican in name only, commonly referred to as “RINO.”

“We don't have a Donald Trump as governor, we don't have a Ron DeSantis as governor, we don't have a William B. Travis as governor. Unfortunately we've got a career politician that's a political windsock, a RINO,” Huffines said of Abbott, at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC), according to Newsweek.

Huffines, who represented a Dallas-based state Senate district for four years until 2019, launched a primary bid against Abbott in May.

At CPAC, Huffines critiqued Abbott for his handling of the surge in border crossings, asking the crowd “why isn’t the border secure?” after years of leadership under Abbott.

“Greg Abbott's been governor for six years. He could have secured the border six years ago or six months ago,” Abbott said.

Huffines also zeroed in on Abbott’s handling of the COVID-19 pandemic, attacking him for his decision to impose restrictions on the state’s economy.

“He put 3 million Texans on unemployment and dependent on the government in one day. He closed our churches on the holiest week of the year, Easter," Huffines said.

-- excerpt, rest at link above --

Political windsock is a perfect description of Abbott if you ask me.

Way to go Don!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2021, 04:16:45 am »
If Abbott is a RINO, good riddance!!!

I always liked West's rhetoric through the years.  But has he ever done anything of note?  Seriously, did he present legislation of any consequence?  I do not know.  And that is what the legislature is for, right?

Offline MOD3

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2021, 02:12:24 pm »
Please revert to the topic of this thread and discuss Gov. Abbott in the Texas forum.

Online libertybele

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2021, 02:24:16 pm »

Amen.

Though DeSantis is seemingly conservative by his recent actions and so far he has been a decent governor, I still remain cautious.

He did give the head of the FL Dept. of Health (signed into law) the authority to administer vaccines, quarantine, etc., those that they feel are a threat to the community. I have a problem with that. I have posted this a couple of times, but feel that a reminder is needed (link below).

DeSantis is NOT squeaky clean as many see him.  He also really botched the roll out of unemployment benefits, spent millions on revamping machines and hired Dane Eagle who lost his bid for our Rep. to oversee the unemployment department and people are still having problems with the system.  DeSantis at first blamed the last governor, but he was well aware of the problems long before the pandemic.

--------------------------------

The authorizing law gives the state health officer the power to take whatever actions she or he deems necessary, including “ordering an individual to be examined, tested, vaccinated, treated, or quarantined for communicable diseases that ... present a severe danger to public health.”

Anyone who is unwilling to be vaccinated may be subject to quarantine, the law says. And if there is no practical way to quarantine that person, the State Health Officer “may use any means necessary to vaccinate or treat the individual.” That includes calling on law enforcement to help him carry out those duties.

In another executive order, signed March 23, DeSantis required travelers from New York, New Jersey and Connecticut to self-quarantine for 14 days.

They were also required to sign a form that said the “State Health Officer and Surgeon General can order any individual to be examined, tested, vaccinated, treated, isolated, or quarantined for COVID-19.”

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/local/state/2020/11/23/florida-may-not-force-covid-vaccine-but-can-state-law-desantis-rivkees/6350516002/

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2021, 05:37:34 pm »
Sorry, but DeSantis doing this is plain *ss wrong.

Next, if we do not comply, we head for the concentration camp?  Someone years ago indicated the government had built eight camps to each house one million folks.  If true, all they need is the slightest reason to put folks away.

I do not like where the USA is headed.  And I sure as hell do not like our country flooded with tens of millions of folks.  There is no interest by the pukes in Washington to represent the USA citizens, and I am getting tired of it.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2021, 05:51:11 pm »
So to get around this...the cruise lines are going to require non vaccinated guests to purchase insurance before boarding.

They will also limit you on where you can do and what you can do on your cruise if you're not vaccinated. i.e. shore excursions and eating in the main dining room.

This is the dilemma I'm facing for the cruise I have coming up in October.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline libertasbella

• Libertas Bella: Liberty Is Beautiful
  • Libertas Bella: Liberty Is Beautiful
    • Libertas Bella
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2021, 06:40:45 pm »
We also need him as governor.  Conservatives are NEVER going to win this fight from the top down right now.  We need to build a strong conservative foundation from the bottom up.  TX and FL are pretty well set and we especially need that leverage. 

Agreed. Let red states dig their feet in and provide an attractive refuge for productives fleeing self-destructing blue states. And then flog them with socks filled with pennies if they vote to install their rat catchers into office in Florida and Texas.
DeFi tutorials for noobs and normies. Merchandise for apes and chads who want to share the love with our libertarian clothing and 2nd Amendment shirts
"Liberty is beautiful" for all - only at Libertas Bella.