Author Topic: Ted Cruz: Critical Race Theory ‘Is Every Bit as Racist as the Klansmen in White Sheets’  (Read 506 times)

Offline libertybele

Amen!!

Ted Cruz: Critical Race Theory ‘Is Every Bit as Racist as the Klansmen in White Sheets’

During the Faith and Freedom Coalition’s Road to Majority Conference on Friday, Republican Texas senator Ted Cruz slammed critical race theory (CRT) as an ideology comparably racist to that espoused by the Ku Klux Klan.

“Let me tell you right now, critical race theory is bigoted, it is a lie, and it is every bit as racist as the Klansmen in white sheets,” Cruz declared.

In his speech, Cruz talked about how a reporter asked him to definite CRT, to which he explained the doctrine’s Marxist roots and problematic implications.

“I explained to him, I said it’s a theory that derives from Marxism. Karl Marx viewed the entire world as a conflict between classes, between the owners of capital and the working men and women, the proletariat,” said Cruz, “Critical race theory takes that same Marxist concept, except it replaces class with race.”  ........

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/ted-cruz-critical-race-theory-is-every-bit-as-racist-as-the-klansmen-in-white-sheets/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

Wrong. I do not believe southerners allowed the Klan to teach our kids US civics.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Wrong. I do not believe southerners allowed the Klan to teach our kids US civics.

A Southern Man don't need em round here anyhow.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

A Southern Man don't need em round here anyhow.
I did spend a lot of time in grade school sporting a klan-like hat though

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten

https://twitter.com/RyanGirdusky/status/1406070632912146435

"why can't he just say anti-white racism?"

No useful purpose is served by distinguishing among different kinds of racism.  If "anti-white" racism is somehow different from "anti-black" racism we just perpetuate a relative moral grading of the two and it becomes easier for the leftists and progressives to maintain their identitarian hierarchy of grievance and their perverse alignment of race with a "power imbalance".  "Anti-black" racism will continue as the irredeemable, unforgivable sin while "anti-white" racism will be akin to mispronouncing a word in scholarly company.

Racism is racism, period.  It means associating people with stereotypes about their race rather than taking them as individuals, and people from all races do it.  That's how we need to identify it and call it out.
James 1:20