Author Topic: San Francisco Supervisor: ‘We’re Putting More Resources’ into Police Because Police Presence Decreas  (Read 2612 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
San Francisco Supervisor: ‘We’re Putting More Resources’ into Police Because Police Presence Decreases Crime ‘Dramatically’

Ian Hanchett 18 Jun 2021

On Friday’s “CNN Newsroom,” San Francisco Board of Supervisors member Ahsha Safai discussed the retail theft problems in the city and said that “when we do have police in those areas, the crime drops dramatically.” And that’s why “We’re putting more resources back into our police department to ensure that they have the appropriate staffing levels.”

Safai said that the bulk of retail theft in the city is organized retail theft, and that these thefts are “not being prosecuted on the level that I think they need to be.”

Safai also stated that the city has called on Walgreens “to invest more resources.” And “I am also on the Budget Committee. We’re putting more resources back into our police department to ensure that they have the appropriate staffing levels. Because when we do have police in those areas, the crime drops dramatically.”

He added that the shoplifting sprees are, “in some cases” due to a lack of police.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/06/18/san-francisco-supervisor-were-putting-more-resources-into-police-because-police-presence-decreases-crime-dramatically/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Am I the only one wondering what her first clue was?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline dfwgator

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How 'bout 'dat? A real Sherlock Moment.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
They do not comprehend actual reality.
When speaking to a Liberal, remember you are talking to a 5 year old girl.
Who still believes in bunny rabbits and rainbow unicorns.
I am not being sarcastic.
Liberals really actually do believe to their core, "If we are 'nice' to everybody, then everybody will be 'nice' to us...
They do not understand 'real' reality.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline PeteS in CA

Half a loaf, if that much. Until DA Boudin does his damn job and the relevant activists have their influence crushed progress will be limited and police officers who do their jobs well will do so at the risk of their careers, if not of their lives.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Offline Kamaji

At what point do the insurance companies get wise, and tell the retailers who have stores in these sorts of areas that they will no longer be covered for inventory "leakage"?

Offline PeteS in CA

At what point do the insurance companies get wise, and tell the retailers who have stores in these sorts of areas that they will no longer be covered for inventory "leakage"?

1. AFAIK, insurance companies do not cover shoplifting losses. OTOH, I know from a family member having worked at Walgreens that insurance companies require stores they insure to forbid store employees from interfering with shoplifters. Employee injuries are covered by insurance, and the insurance companies believe (and probably have supporting data) that interfering with shoplifters results in employee injuries.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

2. What did Stuporvisor Safai advocate a year ago, when defunding police was fashionable among Prog city officials?

3. While police presence might decrease shoplifting some, that's just 1/3 of a loaf. The other 2/3 is the DA's office prosecuting shoplifters, and I doubt that's going to happen, at least until DA Chesa Boudin is thrown out of office by voters.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 03:49:53 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

San Francisco Supervisor: ‘We’re Putting More Resources’ into Police Because Police Presence Decreases Crime ‘Dramatically’

YIKES!

HOO NEW?????

I hope they shared this amazing discovery with other leftist cities!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

July 8, 2021
Top Aide for San Francisco DA Locks Twitter Account After Comparing People Concerned About Crime to KKK
By Cassandra Fairbanks
One of San Francisco District Attorney Chesa Boudin’s top aides has locked down their Twitter account after comparing people who are concerned about rising crime to the Ku Klux Klan.

Kate Chatfield, Boudin’s senior director for legislation and policy, had screenshotted a concerned resident’s tweet and mocked her for her concerns.

The woman that Chatfield was mocking, Michelle Tandler, describes herself as a moderate Democrat.

Tandler had tweeted, “Anecdotally, every single one of my friends right now is considering leaving SF” due to crime, she added, “My friends are scared for their children, and their husbands are scared for their wives.”

... In “The Birth of a Nation,” a 1915 silent film starring Lilian Gish, the Ku Klux Klan is portrayed as a heroic group who protect white women from sexually aggressive black men.

SFGate reports that “Boudin’s office declined to comment on the contents of the tweet, stating that Chatfield acted in a personal capacity and not as a representative of the district attorney’s office.” ...
Full story

Offline PeteS in CA

The woman that Chatfield was mocking, Michelle Tandler, describes herself as a moderate Democrat.

Well, I guess she got moderately mugged. wink777

SFGate reports that “Boudin’s office declined to comment on the contents of the tweet, stating that Chatfield acted in a personal capacity and not as a representative of the district attorney’s office.” ...

In what perpendicular universe does this female not color her actions and inactions with her views?