Author Topic: Mike Pence Heckled at Summit With Chants of ‘Traitor!’ (VIDEO)  (Read 3406 times)

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
Re: Mike Pence Heckled at Summit With Chants of ‘Traitor!’ (VIDEO)
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2021, 02:15:35 am »
From this article is this

Democrats and many of Cruz’s fellow Republicans, however, have argued there’s no role for Congress to interfere in state elections.

In light of HR1 by Congress which is trying to be forced down our throats, how do these same people justify HR1?

Excellent point @IsailedawayfromFR.  But of course the Ds are shameless liars and hypocrites; they'll argue that Congress has no authority when that position is convenient or them, then turn around and argue that it has all authority what *that* position is convenient for them.

The states are going to have to assert themselves in this.
James 1:20

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2021, 02:16:36 am »
Sic 'em!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2021, 02:18:27 am »
Ah, no one asserted Pence had the authority to decerty electors.  No one.

Pence did, however, have the authority to challenge the electors.  Instead, he shut down debate and ignored detailed letters from five (5) state legislators asking him for time to review election results.

All Pence had to do was honor these requests and send their certified electors back to the legislators for review, as requested by the ones solely responsible for chosing the electors --- as per the US Constitution.

This action alone (and we'll ignore his pattern through four years) illustrates that Pence is a coward, rooted in the deep state, and is unfit to claim the mantle of MAGA. 

Rather than try and split the Republican Party further, and experience a humiliating defeat, he should return to his new muli-million dollar home in Indiana and get the hell off the stage.

@Right_in_Virginia

THANK YOU!

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2021, 02:22:03 am »

Democrats and many of Cruz’s fellow Republicans, however, have argued there’s no role for Congress to interfere in state elections.

In light of HR1 by Congress which is trying to be forced down our throats, how do these same people justify HR1?

If a state is violating the provisions in the Constitution or the common perception that only US citizens should vote in US federal elections, then yes, the Congress not only has a role, it has an obligation to intervene.   Fraudulent voting in any state on the federal level disenfranchises voters in all states.   Just look at the damage Groper Franken did with his illegal votes.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2021, 02:28:56 am »

They have standards and they apply those standards to every situation.

In fact, they make sure they have standards ready for every situation to come up so they can be sure to get what they want.    They certainly don't have double standards, that would mean they only have two.  They have way more than two standards.

Alternately, you could say their double standard is "I win, you lose".

The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online libertybele

« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2021, 03:09:23 am »
Regardless of differing opinions about Pence and what he did or should have done I think it's safe to say his political career is over.   happy77
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2021, 03:15:40 am »
Regardless of differing opinions about Pence and what he did or should have done I think it's safe to say his political career is over.   happy77

I do agree with that.  There are too many among rank-and-file Rs who feel that he failed on January 6 for him to ever overcome.

My arguments here are not intended as any kind of defense of him as a standard bearer; he strikes me as a milquetoast, not the assertive leader we need for a Conservative movement or for the United States.  When he endorsed Cruz during the 2016 Indiana primary he was clearly afraid of how Trump and Trump's followers would react.

I don't consider him corrupt or dishonest, and I certainly don't blame him for his position on January 6, but I have never understood why Trump picked him, unless it was to cement ties with social conservatives.  If he has any sense he will recognize reality and stop accepting speaking engagements at political events for a few years.
James 1:20

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2021, 04:19:13 am »

Will never forget the scene on January 6th watching Pence in the senate looking ghost pale, and with a look gripping fear in his face.

He's done. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2021, 05:16:27 am »
The problem is that the pickings were slim from the beginning.  The Republican Party wasn't going to change overnight just because Trump won.   Hopefully now, thanks to Trump the tide is finally turning within the GOP.

Would that that were true.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2021, 05:19:18 am »
I do agree with that.  There are too many among rank-and-file Rs who feel that he failed on January 6 for him to ever overcome.

My arguments here are not intended as any kind of defense of him as a standard bearer; he strikes me as a milquetoast, not the assertive leader we need for a Conservative movement or for the United States.  When he endorsed Cruz during the 2016 Indiana primary he was clearly afraid of how Trump and Trump's followers would react.

I don't consider him corrupt or dishonest, and I certainly don't blame him for his position on January 6, but I have never understood why Trump picked him, unless it was to cement ties with social conservatives.  If he has any sense he will recognize reality and stop accepting speaking engagements at political events for a few years.

@HoustonSam

I SUSPECT Trump picked him BECAUSE he is so moderate. Trump knew many Republicans considered him to be a fire-breathing radical,and he PROBABLY wanted someone for a VP that didn't scare anybody.

Pence fit that role about as well as it could be filled.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2021, 06:33:29 am »
I believe it was a pre-planned insurrection and both Pence and Pelosi were aware of it.

Ultimately, bottom line, Pence absolutely FAILED and I believe he was party to the ultimate goal -- getting rid of Trump.      888mouth                             
Of course it was pre-planned. How else could the ANTIFAs have come in by the bus load, the showpiece grandstanding agents provocateur have been present? Not to mention the denial of enhanced security, and when the masses balked at invading the Capitol Building, the police ushered them in. The whole show was a set up. Even without the participation of folks who may have actually been Trump supporters (the ones who pulled the vandals back from breaking windows, etc.) there would have been some sort of attack on the building, and likely a breach of the facilities.
With the track record of Federal 'investigative agencies' infiltrating dissident groups and often they are the most radical people in the room, no way it wasn't planned- at least the failure to maintain security was.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2021, 06:35:11 am »
It only takes one Awsh*t to eliminate all your Attaboys.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline dancer

« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2021, 07:28:41 am »
It is my understanding that Pence's role or authority was to certify votes, BUT prior to certification he is to ask if there are any objections (and there most certainly was). At that point in time, it IS his duty to ensure that IF there were any objections to take up a vote in the Senate and the House.  That is what I believe both Cruz and Hawley were trying to accomplish; objecting to the fraudulent votes.

Not necessarily overturning the election but ensuring the votes adhered to the electoral process per the Constitution.

I am not a constitutional scholar by any means, but I don't see that Pence completely did his job; he took the easy way out.
I'll never forget the way he laughed when walking off the stage.  No one sincere would have done that.  Pence is a traitor.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2021, 04:28:59 pm »

Never, NEVER trust a man who lets a fly crawl on his head.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2021, 01:01:34 am »
Never, NEVER trust a man who lets a fly crawl on his head.
888high58888 :yowsa:

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2021, 01:05:08 am »
It only takes one Awsh*t to eliminate all your Attaboys.

:yowsa:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.