Author Topic: STUDY: ‘Toxic Masculinity’ May Be The Reason For ‘Climate Change’ – Research delves into ‘Green-Fem  (Read 686 times)

rangerrebew

STUDY: ‘Toxic Masculinity’ May Be The Reason For ‘Climate Change’ – Research delves into ‘Green-Feminine Stereotype’ & ‘Gender incongruence’

Dr. Aaron Brough of Utah State University is trying to get to the bottom of through his research. Brough co-authored a paper with professors from four other universities to understand how gender norms affect sustainable decision making. They report data from seven experiments that included over 2,000 participants from the US and China. What they found was remarkable.

They found that both men and women associated doing something good for the environment with being “more feminine.” And when men’s gender identity was threatened, they tried to reassert their masculinity through environmentally damaging choices. The report states that “men may be motivated to avoid or even oppose green behaviors in order to safeguard their gender identity.” This unearths a deeply held unconscious bias that Brough and team call the “Green-Feminine Stereotype.” ...

Exposing the fact that our society creates a toxic hierarchy around femininity as a lesser thing. Brough himself cited gender research around “gender incongruence” and the great penalties that men (and women) face when they don’t fit stereotypical gender norms.

https://www.climatedepot.com/2019/04/04/claim-toxic-masculinity-may-be-the-reason-for-climate-change-research-delves-into-green-feminine-stereotype-gender-incongruence/

Offline mountaineer

It's so difficult to remember which of humanity's problems are caused by toxic masculinity and which are due to white privilege!  *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
They do realize that much of the modernization of society came about as a result of trying to liberate women from the drudgery of home chores like cooking, laundry, cleaning, and the like?

Most of the conveniences people use are in the home, and even the automobile was a liberating device to cooped up housewives.
The Republic is lost.

Offline roamer_1

They do realize that much of the modernization of society came about as a result of trying to liberate women from the drudgery of home chores like cooking, laundry, cleaning, and the like?

Most of the conveniences people use are in the home, and even the automobile was a liberating device to cooped up housewives.

Don't worry. They will all figure it out by experiencing it, and that likely less than a generation from now. Heck, it might be next Tuesday.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 07:22:23 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
STUDY: ‘Toxic Masculinity’ May Be The Reason For ‘Climate Change’

This rates an extra-large Fishrrman:
EGADS !!!!

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
I have to find a mountain top I can build on and fence off from the rest of the world, now!

Or volunteer to be one of the first humans to Mars...

I want off this planet!

This shit is getting beyond stupid.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline roamer_1

I have to find a mountain top I can build on and fence off from the rest of the world, now!

I don't wanna say I told you so...  :whistle:

:laugh: