Author Topic: North America: Record Cold Inbound  (Read 3688 times)

rangerrebew

Re: North America: Record Cold Inbound
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2021, 03:37:24 pm »
I remember about 30 years ago we were camping on Lake Superior across the 4th, the wind was so strong, the temperature barely in the 30s, and locals were wearing winter coats.  We packed up and went to the lower peninsula, less than 100 miles south, where it was about 40 degrees warmer. 00drama
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 03:38:34 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2021, 03:44:56 pm »
I remember about 30 years ago we were camping on Lake Superior across the 4th, the wind was so strong, the temperature barely in the 30s, and locals were wearing winter coats.  We packed up and went to the lower peninsula, less than 100 miles south, where it was about 40 degrees warmer. 00drama

Betcha they were cussin their withered mater plants up on Superior that year.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2021, 03:46:19 pm »

That's why, when I was a kid, we never vacationed in the UP.  Always so friggin' cold.  My brother had no trouble with it, he lived in Marquette for a few years before he moved to Hawaii.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2021, 03:49:40 pm »
That's why, when I was a kid, we never vacationed in the UP.  Always so friggin' cold.  My brother had no trouble with it, he lived in Marquette for a few years before he moved to Hawaii.

Funny that, because the UP, and to some degree Wisconsin and Minnesota are the only places that feel like home - And Yoopers more than most - for attitude.  happy77

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2021, 06:13:50 pm »
Nor in SE Texas. Seasonably hot and humid for the entire forecast.

Yep.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2021, 06:26:55 pm »
@roamer_1
@Cyber Liberty

1:22 pm, Monday, supposed to start raining shortly, 30 miles north of Dallas.  Warm air from Gulf hits colder air (that cold front) from the north.  Likely to rain rest of the day.