General Category > Science, Technology and Knowledge

North America: Record Cold Inbound

<< < (11/12) > >>

rangerrebew:
I remember about 30 years ago we were camping on Lake Superior across the 4th, the wind was so strong, the temperature barely in the 30s, and locals were wearing winter coats.  We packed up and went to the lower peninsula, less than 100 miles south, where it was about 40 degrees warmer. 00drama

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: rangerrebew on June 21, 2021, 03:37:24 pm ---I remember about 30 years ago we were camping on Lake Superior across the 4th, the wind was so strong, the temperature barely in the 30s, and locals were wearing winter coats.  We packed up and went to the lower peninsula, less than 100 miles south, where it was about 40 degrees warmer. 00drama

--- End quote ---

Betcha they were cussin their withered mater plants up on Superior that year.

Cyber Liberty:

--- Quote from: rangerrebew on June 21, 2021, 03:37:24 pm ---I remember about 30 years ago we were camping on Lake Superior across the 4th, the wind was so strong, the temperature barely in the 30s, and locals were wearing winter coats.  We packed up and went to the lower peninsula, less than 100 miles south, where it was about 40 degrees warmer. 00drama

--- End quote ---

That's why, when I was a kid, we never vacationed in the UP.  Always so friggin' cold.  My brother had no trouble with it, he lived in Marquette for a few years before he moved to Hawaii.

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on June 21, 2021, 03:46:19 pm ---That's why, when I was a kid, we never vacationed in the UP.  Always so friggin' cold.  My brother had no trouble with it, he lived in Marquette for a few years before he moved to Hawaii.

--- End quote ---

Funny that, because the UP, and to some degree Wisconsin and Minnesota are the only places that feel like home - And Yoopers more than most - for attitude.  happy77

GrouchoTex:

--- Quote from: catfish1957 on June 19, 2021, 03:15:30 pm ---Nor in SE Texas. Seasonably hot and humid for the entire forecast.

--- End quote ---

Yep.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version