Author Topic: North America: Record Cold Inbound  (Read 3719 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: North America: Record Cold Inbound
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2021, 06:48:19 am »
If I did, the box wouldn't hold up long enough to make it to Arizona. Heck, It wouldn't make it to the SD line.

:laugh:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2021, 12:46:10 pm »
Today's low temperature is 97.7, at 6 AM.  Looks like another 120 day coming on.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2021, 01:01:02 pm »
Today's low temperature is 97.7, at 6 AM.  Looks like another 120 day coming on.

See, it's 55 here right now. high 60s and rain today.

Around Tuesday, high 80s and heading for mid 90s by the weekend... But always down in the 50s at night for sweet relief.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2021, 01:04:31 pm »
@Cyber Liberty
@roamer_1

North Texas, 30 miles north of Dallas, it is 8:02 am, central time, and we are at 100 degrees already.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 01:06:30 pm by Victoria33 »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2021, 01:21:46 pm »
North Texas, 30 miles north of Dallas, it is 8:02 am, central time, and we are at 100 degrees already.

@Victoria33
See, that's why you're down there, and I'm up here...  happy77

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2021, 01:55:16 pm »
@Cyber Liberty
@roamer_1

Further down South, here in SE Houston/Hobby area, influenced by the Gulf Coast, @ 8:53 CDT, its 87 degrees, with 72% humidity.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2021, 01:57:14 pm »
@Victoria33
See, that's why you're down there, and I'm up here...  happy77
@roamer_1

I do not go outside.  I have a bad case of fibromyalgia and my body does not regulate heat.  I get hotter and hotter and hotter, my face turns red, and I faint.  Am packing my bag and will be at your porch later today.  44444heart

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2021, 02:00:48 pm »
See, it's 55 here right now. high 60s and rain today.

Around Tuesday, high 80s and heading for mid 90s by the weekend... But always down in the 50s at night for sweet relief.

What is this "rain" of which you speak?  LOL.  The Castle rain gauge shows 0.45 inches of the stuff this year.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2021, 02:02:10 pm »
@roamer_1

I do not go outside.  I have a bad case of fibromyalgia and my body does not regulate heat.  I get hotter and hotter and hotter, my face turns red, and I faint.  Am packing my bag and will be at your porch later today.  44444heart

Don't come here!  Bullhead City is where people go to shrivel up and die in the heat.
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2021, 02:06:26 pm »
@roamer_1

LOL! Yeah... I have fibro too... Though I have largely figured out how to shut it off... Or rather not to let it get started, so I get it. But I sit out on the porch every night in the cool of the evening, maybe even under a blanket, and I would not trade that for anything. I am pretty good, even on hot days, as it is usually quite comfortable till late afternoon. So I can go outside most of the time.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2021, 02:09:39 pm »
What is this "rain" of which you speak?  LOL.  The Castle rain gauge shows 0.45 inches of the stuff this year.

It's a nice slow spring rain. Supposed to go all day. Grass is growing to beat the band.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2021, 02:15:02 pm »
It's a nice slow spring rain. Supposed to go all day. Grass is growing to beat the band.

When one has a gravel lawn, grass is the enemy.  Outside of our "lawn," the landscape is all "natural desert," meaning lots of Manzanita and cacti.

My front yard:

I will NOT comply.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2021, 02:23:28 pm »
I've been replacing a portion of my wood fence that my tangerine tree had kept from falling down for many years. Well the tree died in the freeze so I'm slowly replacing the fence. I can only work on it for 3 to 4 hrs each day in this heat and humidity. I go thru 2 or 3 t-shirts, with several water breaks. When I got night leg cramps, I realized I was not replacing all the salt I was sweating out. So now I re-salt at each break. No more cramps. I'm now down to just replacing the last half of a double gate, so I can again get out my 53Willys, 56Chev 3/4T, and lowboy.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2021, 02:45:06 pm »
When one has a gravel lawn, grass is the enemy.  Outside of our "lawn," the landscape is all "natural desert," meaning lots of Manzanita and cacti.

My front yard:

Ahh... MoBedda... On the laptop now instead of the chromebook...

Pardon me if I say your yard looks like a barren furnace to me...  :laugh:

Needs piney woods and water... But, I don't know what it is like not to mow all the time. Till it cooks off, my back yard needs it twice a week. Thankfully my son came by last night and gave it a whirl, because if all this rain had hit it, it would have been too wet for days.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2021, 02:49:35 pm »
I've been replacing a portion of my wood fence that my tangerine tree had kept from falling down for many years. Well the tree died in the freeze so I'm slowly replacing the fence. I can only work on it for 3 to 4 hrs each day in this heat and humidity. I go thru 2 or 3 t-shirts, with several water breaks. When I got night leg cramps, I realized I was not replacing all the salt I was sweating out. So now I re-salt at each break. No more cramps. I'm now down to just replacing the last half of a double gate, so I can again get out my 53Willys, 56Chev 3/4T, and lowboy.

I been there... get to chuggin on the PowerAde too. I guess I ain't ever had it like you. but I have raked asphalt in 100 degree temps. And considering my penchant for high mountain snows, that took some doing.

Maybe you could get done early and sit your butt in a river somewhere or something... Though maybe that's like sitting in warm tea down by you. Up in here, the rivers are still too cold to stay in em. Even the lakes are still icy till mid July or so. But man is that clear  cold water refreshing when August gets here.

rangerrebew

« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2021, 03:17:28 pm »
Here, 120 is "seasonally hot."  But, we usually don't see 120 degree days until July-August.

The wife and I lived in Dallas in 1980 when she was pregnant with our son.  We has 56, I believe,  consecutive days where the temperature went over 100.  Back then it was called summer.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 03:18:16 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2021, 03:30:02 pm »
The wife and I lived in Dallas in 1980 when she was pregnant with our son.  We has 56, I believe,  consecutive days where the temperature went over 100.  Back then it was called summer.

I lived near there that Summer, and I remember it well.  It inspired me to pull up my shallow stakes and move to Phoenix so I can really do the heat up right....
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2021, 03:32:05 pm »

I lived near there that Summer, and I remember it well.  It inspired me to pull up my shallow stakes and move to Phoenix so I can really do the heat up right....

In 1980 I was shoveling St Helens ash and incidentally, graduating high school. That was a sh*tty summer.

Online DB

« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2021, 04:14:09 pm »

My front yard:

What I find surprising is how much life there is in those extreme conditions. All sorts of things running/flying around...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2021, 04:28:47 pm »
What I find surprising is how much life there is in those extreme conditions. All sorts of things running/flying around...

Your desert (Sonoran) is much prettier than mine (Mojave).  I've taken visitors out to the Sonoran Desert out towards Florence Junction after a spring rain, and the flowers are amazing!  That desert is full of life, and plants, and birds and things...

Sonoran plants do thrive here when introduced.  My next door neighbor has two nice Saguaros.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2021, 05:26:18 pm »

Lol, we got 8 years worth of rain for ya last night. Yep right at 8 inches of rain.

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2021, 07:04:20 pm »
Your desert (Sonoran) is much prettier than mine (Mojave).  I've taken visitors out to the Sonoran Desert out towards Florence Junction after a spring rain, and the flowers are amazing!  That desert is full of life, and plants, and birds and things...

Sonoran plants do thrive here when introduced.  My next door neighbor has two nice Saguaros.
I worked a well out in Nevada many years ago about 90 miles north of Vegas, and we got what would be a light drizzle by ND standards. The whole desert went nuts for a couple of days with a riot of blooms. Beautiful. Just beautiful, but a long, somewhat drab wait between rains...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2021, 11:51:08 am »
I worked a well out in Nevada many years ago about 90 miles north of Vegas, and we got what would be a light drizzle by ND standards. The whole desert went nuts for a couple of days with a riot of blooms. Beautiful. Just beautiful, but a long, somewhat drab wait between rains...

I was working a pipeline job in the Mojave Desert.  There was a light drizzle for a few hours with 1/4 inch of accumulation.  That night they spent 20 minutes on the evening news talking about it.  In the Texas Gulf Coast, that would be normal morning dew....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

rangerrebew

« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2021, 03:24:29 pm »
Today, in Michigan, I'm wearing long pants and a sweatshirt and likely will tomorrow also. :wtf:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2021, 03:27:40 pm »
Today, in Michigan, I'm wearing long pants and a sweatshirt and likely will tomorrow also. :wtf:

Hey. It's been a while now... But the year I bought that skyjacked teal shortbox chevy... bought it going into 4th of July weekend and had one hella good party. Monday morning I was herding that ol girl's 37's through 4" of snow.