General Category > Economy/Business

Dow sinks 400 points on ‘quad witching’ Friday, benchmark on verge of 5th straight loss

(1/2) > >>

catfish1957:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/dow-poised-to-skid-lower-to-end-fed-week-mark-5th-straight-drop-11624017361?mod=bnbh

<snipit>
U.S. stocks opened sharply lower Friday, with the Dow and S&P 500 index headed for weekly declines, as investors continued to digest the Federal Reserve’s updated outlook for the economic recovery from COVID and inflation.

Friday also marks quadruple witching day, which is the simultaneous expiration of single-stock options, single-stock futures, stock-index options and stock-index futures.

=================================================================================

A lot of market movement is what I call macro trends.  When every angle alligns negatively, the obvious bad things will happen. In this case, unstainable P/E ratios, with balooning inflation, and struggling employment numbers are a harbringer to some really tough news for Biden's agenda.   If he somehow is successful in his $6T Fedzilla infusion plan, watch for unprecedented hyperinflation here. 

Seeing a rare situation, where there is no decent place to park money right now, or shift investments.  After 5 straight drops in the broad market, it is a pretty safe bet to say that the Bulls are fleeing.....   And might be hiding for quite a long time.

thackney:

--- Quote from: catfish1957 on June 18, 2021, 03:24:32 pm ---Seeing a rare situation, where there is no decent place to park money right now, or shift investments. 

--- End quote ---

Rural area real estate???

Free Vulcan:
This downtrend hasn't even approached the last, and on much lower volume. We got another upshot or two, at least.

GrouchoTex:

--- Quote from: thackney on June 18, 2021, 04:46:49 pm ---Rural area real estate???

--- End quote ---

Shhhh!
Don't tell everybody.
I'm just a few years short of doing that myself, and I don't want the prices to skyrocket.
 :cool:

Cyber Liberty:
Update:

DJIA closed at -533.37. Session low.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version