Author Topic: Dow sinks 400 points on ‘quad witching’ Friday, benchmark on verge of 5th straight loss  (Read 557 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/dow-poised-to-skid-lower-to-end-fed-week-mark-5th-straight-drop-11624017361?mod=bnbh

<snipit>
U.S. stocks opened sharply lower Friday, with the Dow and S&P 500 index headed for weekly declines, as investors continued to digest the Federal Reserve’s updated outlook for the economic recovery from COVID and inflation.

Friday also marks quadruple witching day, which is the simultaneous expiration of single-stock options, single-stock futures, stock-index options and stock-index futures.

=================================================================================

A lot of market movement is what I call macro trends.  When every angle alligns negatively, the obvious bad things will happen. In this case, unstainable P/E ratios, with balooning inflation, and struggling employment numbers are a harbringer to some really tough news for Biden's agenda.   If he somehow is successful in his $6T Fedzilla infusion plan, watch for unprecedented hyperinflation here. 

Seeing a rare situation, where there is no decent place to park money right now, or shift investments.  After 5 straight drops in the broad market, it is a pretty safe bet to say that the Bulls are fleeing.....   And might be hiding for quite a long time.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline thackney

Seeing a rare situation, where there is no decent place to park money right now, or shift investments. 

Rural area real estate???
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
This downtrend hasn't even approached the last, and on much lower volume. We got another upshot or two, at least.
The Republic is lost.

Offline GrouchoTex

Shhhh!
Don't tell everybody.
I'm just a few years short of doing that myself, and I don't want the prices to skyrocket.
 :cool:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Update:

DJIA closed at -533.37. Session low.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!

Inlation increases for farm land has actually exceeded other other areas of real estate.  $7-8K/acre is pretty common in the midwest.

Just IMO, outside of harvestable timber land, I really don't like to invest in real estate that does not provide an income.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.