Author Topic: Matt Schlapp: Republicans could ‘crown’ Trump as Speaker of the House if they win back majority  (Read 988 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Matt Schlapp: Republicans could ‘crown’ Trump as Speaker of the House if they win back majority
June 18, 2021 | Vivek Saxena

A top GOP operative claimed on Thursday that there’s “buzz out there” around the idea of former President Donald Trump being “crowned” speaker of the House if Republicans retake the legislative body in 2022 — and he wasn’t joking.

Matt Schlapp, chairman of the American Conservative Union, offered the surprising claim while speaking with Newsmax host John Bachman.

Starting off the discussion, Bachman said he believes “the road to 2022” starts in Ohio, where the former president intends to hold his first post-presidential rally on June 26th.

“I think the road to 2022 really starts in Columbus, Ohio, because we’re going to see one of the kind of the classic Trump rallies. I imagine there’s going to be a massive crowd there. Trump’s also going to go to Tampa, Florida, and the border,” he said.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/06/18/matt-schlapp-republicans-could-crown-trump-as-speaker-of-the-house-if-they-win-back-majority-1090586/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline kevindavis007

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Mesaclone

We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
They could.

And the only reason they would offer such an insulting position would be to deny him a chance of winning the nomination in 2024.

Trump has no skill in Congress.    That's not where his innate statesmanship skills come to life.   

And he would turn down the position if offered, which the RINOs would equally use against him.   

Put Marjorie Greene in as Speakerette.   She seems to have more balls than any of the metrosexuals the GOP has sent to the House in recent decades.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Mesaclone

They could.

And the only reason they would offer such an insulting position would be to deny him a chance of winning the nomination in 2024.

Trump has no skill in Congress.    That's not where his innate statesmanship skills come to life.   

And he would turn down the position if offered, which the RINOs would equally use against him.   

Put Marjorie Greene in as Speakerette.   She seems to have more balls than any of the metrosexuals the GOP has sent to the House in recent decades.

He doesn't need "skill"...on a day to day basis McCarthy could still act as Speaker. Trump would be empowered to address congress AT HIS WILL on the key issues they face, and by extension address the nation. THAT would be the value of the position...he would not have to do any day to day "grinding of the sausage".
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
This malarkey scheme gets mentioned every few years, just with different names proposed for the slot, and it's not going to happen now just as it hasn't happened then. The House is not about to name an outsider as its speaker, period, so let's stop wasting keyboard strokes on the idea.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Sled Dog

He doesn't need "skill"...on a day to day basis McCarthy could still act as Speaker. Trump would be empowered to address congress AT HIS WILL on the key issues they face, and by extension address the nation. THAT would be the value of the position...he would not have to do any day to day "grinding of the sausage".

The job of the Speaker is to control the flow of legislation through the House.  It's not a figure-head sinecure.

Trump does not have the personality to herd legislation through Congress.

And nobody else is going to be willing to be his sausage grinder.   And Trump became a billionaire by grinding his own sausages.  Trump wouldn't accept this, either.

It's a dumb idea promoted by people who don't understand.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Hoodat

How about someone like Mark Levin or Allen West?

"Get off the floor, you big dope!"
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Sled Dog

This malarkey scheme gets mentioned every few years, just with different names proposed for the slot, and it's not going to happen now just as it hasn't happened then. The House is not about to name an outsider as its speaker, period, so let's stop wasting keyboard strokes on the idea.

Honestly I'd never seen this cockamamie notion for anyone else before, then again, this is the first time in my voting lifetime that the Rodents successfully worked the Big Steal.   

But I agree that it would never happen.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Just talking with a former governor of my state, when I asked him if he'd ever consider running for Congress, he basically said that is an entirely different skill set, and completely different from the executive role.

Trump has ever been an executive, in business and in politics.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis