Author Topic: As a child in Baghdad, he watched US Marines on patrol. Now he’ll make Marines as a drill instructor  (Read 295 times)

rangerrebew

As a child in Baghdad, he watched US Marines on patrol. Now he’ll make Marines as a drill instructor

"I had already been through so much worse, what’s the worst that could happen?”

By Paul Szoldra June 17, 2021

The Marine Corps recruiters in Abdullah Alshimmari’s neighborhood in Iraq wore desert camouflage, ballistic glasses, flak jackets, and carried heavy weapons.

As an 11-year-old kid growing up in war-torn Baghdad, Alshimmari recalls being treated well by the U.S. Marines on patrol, according to a recent Corps news release. It’s part of the reason why he is wearing the same uniform today and will soon be molding civilians into the next generation of U.S. Marines.

Now grown up, he will soon be known as Drill Instructor Sgt. Alshimmari after he graduates from the 11-week drill instructor training course. Though the recruits under his care at Marine Corps Recruit Depot Parris Island, South Carolina will mostly refer to him as “sir.” Loudly.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/marine-corps-drill-instructor-iraq/

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Sorry.
If this guy is a muslim, I do not want him in the U.S. Marines and I certainly do not want him as a drill instructor in charge of trainees.

Again, sorry if you don't like that.