Author Topic: Does Biden Have the Right Naval Strategy to Take on Russia and China? History Has an Answer.  (Read 657 times)

rangerrebew

Does Biden Have the Right Naval Strategy to Take on Russia and China? History Has an Answer.
By James Holmes
June 17, 2021
U.S. Navy photo by MC2 Nathan T. Beard

This week Chief of Naval Operations Mike Gilday and Marine Corps Commandant David Berger went before the U.S. House Armed Services Committee to talk budgets and fleet design. Representatives grilled the sea-service chieftains in particular about their “divest-to-invest” approach to procurement, questioning whether shedding aging ships and other hardware to free up funding for future acquisitions is a sound idea when the services confront near-term threats in the Taiwan Strait and elsewhere.

Good question.

As they deliberate, lawmakers might also requisition testimony from none other than King George III, an erstwhile archenemy. Or, more precisely, they might summon up William Pitt the Younger, who served as His Majesty’s prime minister from 1783-1801 and 1804-1806. Prime Minister Pitt put Great Britain’s Royal Navy back on a solid footing after the navy’s suboptimal performance in the War of American Independence—a performance traceable to Parliament’s scrimping on shipbuilding budgets during the years leading up to that war.

False economies in peacetime ended up costing Britain dearly in wartime.

https://www.realcleardefense.com/articles/2021/06/17/does_biden_have_the_right_naval_strategy_to_take_on_russia_and_china_history_has_an_answer_781815.html

rangerrebew

If making Kamala the front person on all tough diplomatic problems is the strategy he uses, he doesn't have the right strategy yet. *****rollingeyes*****

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Of course he does! Joe tested his strategy out numerous times in the bathtub.

Offline libertybele

Joe doesn't have the right anything! He just isn't cognitive enough.

I don't trust the news for a second that Biden and Putin actually met and talked for 2 hours.  Joe can't even participate in a question and answer session for 10 minutes without sounding out of it.

Do I feel for him because he has dementia or the lasting ramifications of a stroke?  Yes.  I have no sympathy however for him for what he has done to this country prior to, and his wife Jill ought to be absolutely ashamed.  How does she live with herself??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Joe doesn't have the right anything! He just isn't cognitive enough.

I don't trust the news for a second that Biden and Putin actually met and talked for 2 hours.  Joe can't even participate in a question and answer session for 10 minutes without sounding out of it.

Do I feel for him because he has dementia or the lasting ramifications of a stroke?  Yes.  I have no sympathy however for him for what he has done to this country prior to, and his wife Jill ought to be absolutely ashamed.  How does she live with herself??
Jill consoles herself that it will have all been worth it when she becomes the grieving widow. All the media attention, sympathy, speaking engagements and book deals.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
C'mon, man! Of course he does!
Naval Strategy?

First, pick the lint out...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis