General Category > Health/Education

Esteemed doctor condemns funding for COVID treatment, says ivermectin already works

(1/3) > >>

libertybele:
I know we've discussed ivermectin in here before, but apparently it is still seen as a viable treatment.

Esteemed doctor condemns funding for COVID treatment, says ivermectin already works

Dr. Pierre Kory, the chief medical officer of the Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care (FLCCC) Alliance, called the U.S. government’s decision to grant $1.2 billion to develop a drug to combat COVID-19 a “colossal waste of taxpayer money for a drug we don’t need,” especially since ivermectin works so well.

This month, the U.S. government agreed to give $1.2 billion of taxpayer money to the pharmaceutical drug company Merck to develop molnupiravir, a drug to combat COVID-19 symptoms.

Kory publicly condemned the decision, arguing that this is a waste of funds considering that already available drugs have been proved to cure patients suffering from COVID-19. 

Established in 2020, the FLCCC Alliance has been actively researching and developing “lifesaving protocols for the prevention and treatment of COVID-19 in all stages of illness.”  ....................

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/esteemed-doctor-condemns-funding-for-covid-treatment-says-ivermectin-already-works

catfish1957:
Been giving my dogs Ivermectin 25 years for heart worm prevention. 

But there is some evidence, that this substance helps triggers seizures in certain dog breeds.  Our last Bully had them, I often wonder if it was the cause.  IMO people shouldn't be messing with this stuff, and it this is really an esteemed Dr., he needs to reevaluate the risk he is causing to people by saying this.

PeteS in CA:
Ivermectin and HCQ are not silver bullets. The treatments developed for stages of the disease after those have their greatest effect and for vaccines were entirely necessary. I have a hard time having respect for magic silver bullet advocates.

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote from: PeteS in CA on June 17, 2021, 11:32:34 pm ---Ivermectin and HCQ are not silver bullets. The treatments developed for stages of the disease after those have their greatest effect and for vaccines were entirely necessary. I have a hard time having respect for magic silver bullet advocates.

--- End quote ---
They are ONE bleep PART of a three part early onset treatment which has been recommended as a three part early onset treatment in conjunction with a Macrolide antibiotic and zinc supplementation.

When Dr. Zelenko was banned from You Tube for promoting the treatment (very shortly after Trump mentioned HCQ), the treatment he was recommending was Hydroxychloroquine, Azithromycin, AND Zinc supplements, taken at the first sign of symptoms (not even waiting for test results to be confirmed).

The strategy of this regimen has been repeatedly explained here, but one last time before I leave a site populated with people determined to die. The Hydroxychloroquine acts as an ionophore to get the Zinc ions through the cell membrane in the Type 1 Pneumocytes where the zinc interferes with viral replication. The macrolide antibiotic not only guards against bacterial infection, but mutes the immune system slightly to prevent a cytokine reaction, where the body's immune system overreacts and destroys healthy lung cells.

Without all three, the regimen is as good as a three legged stool missing legs.

Ivermectin, doxycycline and zinc also work in the same way, and there are other ionophores which can get the job done as well. I have posted links to medical journal articles and I have explained that the vast majority of studies done which fail to show improvement are flawed in that:

The regimen was administered incompletely: only HCQ or Ivermectin were administered without antibiotic and/or zinc. The most critical of the three for stopping viral replication is the zinc, and that was the most consistently absent component of the regimen.

The regimen was used on patients already in ICU (the virus had already replicated enough to put these people at death's door, a little bit late to stop it after the damage has been done.

Dosages were manipulated to bring about side effects (higher than recommended), and in the case of the Brazillian study, Chloroquine was administered in lethal doses, over 3X the LD50 for the drug. Shit! No wonder people died.

The biggest complaint is that the studies which showed benefit, and there have been a bunch from all over the world, were not double blind studies, so they didn't come up to the high standards of those who, incidentally, conducted the studies without zinc and or the macrolide antibiotic. But that would have involved giving patients placebos instead of treatment, which would be about as effective as Doctor Fauci's Medicine Show in a New York Nursing Home, and of questionable benefit to anyone.

Where the study of patients who were treated at the right time (before needing hospitalization, even before test results confirmed infection) with the full regimen have been done (sorry, no double blind death sentences) results have shown marked reductions in fatal outcomes.

Or are you just determined no one should avoid your experience with COVID for $20 worth of pills?

PeteS in CA:
For some reason, comments I thought totally clear have been "misunderstood". So I will quote and emphasize what I was commenting on:

--- Quote ---Dr. Pierre Kory, the chief medical officer of the Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care (FLCCC) Alliance, called the U.S. government’s decision to grant $1.2 billion to develop a drug to combat COVID-19 a “colossal waste of taxpayer money for a drug we don’t need,” especially since ivermectin works so well.
--- End quote ---

My "failure" to mention the other components in an HCQ or ivermectin cocktail was not a failure but a simplification to avoid verbosity. Evidently that, too, was "misunderstood".

Please cease with the straw man arguments, folks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version